Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons Vs St Johnstone

Shite week for the dons, two quick defeats on the bounce and especially when we had the chance to move further clear of the Dims after a good performance by the diet huns. Onwards and upwards though against a up and down St Johnstone team.

I think DM will make a few changes and the team will be more than up for this one after the week we've had, 3-1 Dons Two goals for Rooney and one for McLean, COYR

Out

Stag

Stag

Stag - probably watching the rugby

1-0 Dandies, Rooney

We really need to get back to winning ways! Hopefully no further injuries, we haven't got sufficient depth to cope with any more really.  Not a criticism as we've got great quality at the club but I suppose this is a consequence of that.

From listening to McIness' conference yesterday, he didn't mention anything about McGinn so hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about.  Unless I missed it of course!

As Manc says this is one we really need to win against a team who we have struggled against of late with only one win in the last 5 games against them. Hopefully everyone is fully fit.

Oot

Flat

Edinburgh City v Dalbeattie Star

Flat

1-0 Dons Rooney

Also back to 1990 when saints won 5-0 at MsDiarmed?

Almost 25 years to the day... effectively the game which cost us the title that season.  At least we had Beano being sent off after 20 mins and the whole bus rumour to explain that one on... not sure about today.

Test of character now... beaten the tims and hertz to go 5 clear and potentially lost all but 1pt of that lead now.  Time to show your minerals lads and not shrink.  What would Miller, McLeish and McKimmie do..? Well, whatever that was, do it.

Yesterday we started with Hayes playing cm. It's all very well having versatile players and utilising them as such but playing an winger in cm when it would be far more effective to play MacLean alongside Jack and Hayes in his natural position makes no sense to me.

Still in shock as to what I sat in the stands and watched on Saturday, absolute embarrassing performance.

It honestly looked like 11 players who don't know each other decided to turn up and play a game of professional football. I think we need to get back to basics and stop tinkering with the line up and formation, there is also a couple of non performers that need a boot in the back end in my opinion.

I know a lot of fans are still going on about the fact we are still top, to me after 3 defeats on the bounce, shipping 9 goals with 5 of them being in one home game, being top means nothing.

Hopefully over the next couple of weeks McInnes can get their arses in gear and we can get going again against Ross County.

I completely agree Reidzer, not at the game myself obviously, but it seems like they have lost confidence completely. The reason, who knows, but they need to sort it out and fast.  Regardless, losing 5 goals at home is unacceptable.  A serious re-grouping is required.

Although, this comment from the EE site seems a bit OTT!

I don't know what done it. Been a season ticket up and down since 1980 but I gave it away after today. Just think we have had to many false dawns and just had enough.Still top of the league but that was like McGhee or Alex Millar was back in charge.

Yeah I think that article is a bit OTT in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong I genuinely believe that something isn't quite right somewhere whether it is a just a confidence issue or something else I am not sure but unlike McGhee and Miller I personally have 100% confidence that McInnes will get the issues ironed out and will get the lads back on form again.