Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Shinnie

Seems like there is some good news about Shinnie's injury in that it's not as bad as the club first feared. Here's hoping they're correct!

Still, will be a big loss tomorrow but hopefully Hayes coming back offsets that. He's (Shinnie) has been a fantastic addition to the squad and his play has been sublime at times. How long is he going to be with us?  Fuck knows, but we should enjoy it while he is here, that's for sure.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

So, in my opinion, he'll be our player of the year and should be our permanent team captain. Absolutely tremendous player having a great season, and good chance he'll be up for Scottish Player Of The Year too. Can anyone, dons fan or not, explain why he's not in either Scotland squad? Crazy!

So, in my opinion, he'll be our player of the year and should be our permanent team captain. Absolutely tremendous player having a great season, and good chance he'll be up for Scottish Player Of The Year too. Can anyone, dons fan or not, explain why he's not in either Scotland squad? Crazy!

Strachan and Magoo, class A fuds.

Strachan is a thrawn grudge bearing fanny who thinks he is a better manager than he is.

Christophe Berra, Gordon Greer, Alan Hutton, Russell Martin, Charlie Mulgrew

those names below sum it up, when he played Mulgrew at LB during the qualifiers and he got turned inside out as he had no cover , crazy.... Shinnie aside , Barry Douglas doesnt even get quoted for LB

Heard Strachan on the radio this morning, his interview (presumably from yesterday) when he said we've not got any superstars but it's up to the clubs to turn them into superstars. "Can we help them along the way, yes".

We've always known he has a screw loose. But he was good value because of his entertainment factor.

Now that his whole ship is breaking apart, all screws having popped and the steel structure falling apart, the slight comedy he gave has been replaced by major pathos and serious tragedy. That guy's a fucking maddo.

I mind after the Gibraltar game there was talk of him walking away and then he turned round and said the Tartan Army's support convinced him to stay. Where he saw this support I do not know because I wasn't aware of any cunt that wanted him to stay.

I mind after the Gibraltar game there was talk of him walking away and then he turned round and said the Tartan Army's support convinced him to stay. Where he saw this support I do not know because I wasn't aware of any cunt that wanted him to stay.

Might not have came across on TV but the majority were chanting "Gordon Strachan's Tartan Army".

Well well. At tonight's Scottish Golf Awards in Edinburgh, my ears pricked up that Strachan was in attendance. I decided that I would go past his table and say loudly/ shout Graeme Shinnie at him. After dinner when he got called up to present a trophy to Russell Knox - who wasn't there but sent an excellent video message in lieu, a wonderful human - he ended up presenting the trophy to his sister who was a co-presenter. I was all eyes to see which direction he was heading to the stage from, so I could go past his table later, although I could have easily deduced this from the multiple table planner charts on the walls of the bar outside, going to S and getting the table number this way.

I didn't need to. Dougie Vipond did it bonny. His first words to Strachan when the wee ginger nut job came up was "I've just had a text from Derek McInnes. Two words. Graeme Shinnie". Strachan responded with two words of his own "Kieran Tierney". I actually thought I heard him say "Luke Tierney" but surely he's not so far gone he can't remember his own squad?

If there was any doubt of his utter madness, he buried those doubts tonight. He said - of the Inspiration award winner, a soldier who lost his leg in Helmand and who was an amazing guy who told us his artificial one cost 60 grand - that we should borrow that leg for the world cup. Then he said that he's got players not even worth 60 grand. He then tried, and succeeded, in ingratiating himself to the crowd (remember the 95% principle, I wisna buying any of it) by saying how wonderful golf is (and how much he hates it, referring to the infuriatingly frustrating nature of it, particularly if played like a non-expert which he undoubtedly will be) and that if it was a choice between Motherwell v. Patrick Thistle and a golf tournament, he would watch the golf every time. He then quipped that if it was Motherwell v. Patrick Thistle then he would rather watch Jeremy Kyle.

As if that doesn't beggar belief from a "football professional", he completed his insanity and reinforced his contrariness for the sake of it by his choice of dress sense. It's a black tie event, as he well knows as he's been to this before. He's in this horrible tweed-like 3 piece suit (that probably cost a lot) and pale blue tie but worst of all, a waistcoat with disgusting wide lapels. Who the fuck does this midget think he is and how can a total fruitpiece like him ever hope to garner respect from ambitious footballers, which the best in the country would be by default. The boy's a total joke.

I bought this card in the Quirky Coo in Dundee this afternoon, one of a batch I got, killing time cos I was going to be too early in Embra and a daughter in France needing fed with regular handwritten nonsense from her dad: -

dundeh.jpg

We got Strachan from Dundee. I know he's from some slum part of Edinburgh but I quite liked the card anyway. My favourite from that shop thus far is a cartoon bunny reading Watership Down and he says "Fucking Hell".