Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Shay Logan

Reported this morning that he has refused a new contract and wants to leave.

Sure no one is surprised by this but timing of it seems strange

Surely from the point of view of us receiving a fee for him this should have been addressed during the transfer window ???

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. The "wanting to leave" part of the story is the journalistic licence. Added to unsettle us. Fortunately the vast majority of dons fans know Shay's position and wouldn't grudge him moving at the end of the season or even a pre-contract in January. He's a hard working lad, who'll do his best. Let's see him get stuck into those racist-supporting fucks.

Agree Logan will be professional enough to give his all, if selected, which he should be.

The fact we got a RB in was good forward planning by McInnes.

No chance Logan will apologise to the Celtic fans for scoring against them.

About fucking time McGinn did something against his beloved hoops.

Unfortunately can't make the game cos of a date clash but I'd be watching Logan and McGinn's attitude and commitment in particular. If McGinn delivers another half hearted performance, that would be a serious failing by our management team.

Agree Logan will be professional enough to give his all, if selected, which he should be.

The fact we got a RB in was good forward planning by McInnes.

No chance Logan will apologise to the Celtic fans for scoring against them.

About fucking time McGinn did something against his beloved hoops.

Unfortunately can't make the game cos of a date clash but I'd be watching Logan and McGinn's attitude and commitment in particular. If McGinn delivers another half hearted performance, that would be a serious failing by our management team.

Agree on this, although I thought Jack got shown up in those games last season too.  Expect big performances from both and I fully expect them to deliver.  McGinn has started the season brilliantly, whereas last season a lot of people questioned his commitment even before playing the dhims.

The difference was that Jack got targeted and marked out of the game. Celtic's tactics were good. They knew he could make things happen. We know that he's not good enough to play at the highest level and he hits his ceiling against better teams. But at least he's trying. If, and there were signs that McGinn was trying v. Celtic last year but to zero effect (again) McGinn gets posted missing, that would be unforgivable. He's never been a consistent performer and that's why I don't like him. Fergie wouldn't have put up with someone like him, a temperamental talent. He demanded all from them all all of the time. It's McInnes' job to get the most of them. With McGinn, he hasn't. Undoubtedly the potential to be our best player, he's not delivered anywhere near his max although encouraging signs this season from him, eventually.

The difference was that Jack got targeted and marked out of the game. Celtic's tactics were good. They knew he could make things happen. We know that he's not good enough to play at the highest level and he hits his ceiling against better teams. But at least he's trying. If, and there were signs that McGinn was trying v. Celtic last year but to zero effect (again) McGinn gets posted missing, that would be unforgivable. He's never been a consistent performer and that's why I don't like him. Fergie wouldn't have put up with someone like him, a temperamental talent. He demanded all from them all all of the time. It's McInnes' job to get the most of them. With McGinn, he hasn't. Undoubtedly the potential to be our best player, he's not delivered anywhere near his max although encouraging signs this season from him, eventually.

Unfortunately that temperamental talent is the only reason McGinn is playing for Aberdeen, and not on a bigger stage. If he played to his potential every single week, i'm afraid he would have been offski by now.

Unfortunately that temperamental talent is the only reason McGinn is playing for Aberdeen, and not on a bigger stage. If he played to his potential every single week, i'm afraid he would have been offski by now.

What player plays to his potential every week though?

I've never seen anything from McGinn that's made me think he's not trying, yes he's had dips in form but not once have I thought it was down to lack of effort.

I suspect a few have seen his apologetic celebration against celtic and let that cloud their judgement.

At the end of the day he was never going to replicate his goal scoring form once he was shifted away from playing as a striker/the focal point of our attack, anyone who believed he would is a fool.  In his role under McInnes he's still chipped in with goals as well as numerous assists so I've certainly got no complaints with him.

As far as not performing against Celtic goes, i'm sure it's more the fact that they're a better team than most and are better equipped to nullify him.  I'd certainly disagree that his performances against Celtic has anything to do with McGinn having played for them.

As far as Logan goes, even if he has turned down a new deal I've no idea the timing of the news breaking in the national papers is because we're playing Celtic next.  Even if he does leave in January or at the end of his deal there's no doubt in my mind that he'll continue giving his all whilst he's still with us.  I can hardly blame him wanting to leave given his family situation and i guess it is better for him to leave on a free rather than someone paying to signing him from us.

Just surprised this story hit the press now. Would have expected it next Friday so it was fresh in everyone's thoughts for the Saturday in an attempt to unsettle team and fans. Most football fans have the attention span of a goldfish and will have forgotten about this by next weekend.

McGinn came very close to putting us ahead late on in the game v Celtic at Pittodrie in the 2-1 game last season - he also came a ball hair away from putting us ahead at Celtic Park in the 4-0 defeat - a game he started really well but then the change with Hayes having to go off seemed to effect the whole side. 

To imply that he doesn't do it against Celtic is taking on Celtic levels of paranoia. There are plenty who don't perform against Celtic, to single him out when he's looked as likely a goal threat as anyone else in these matches is harsh to say the least.

McGinn came very close to putting us ahead late on in the game v Celtic at Pittodrie in the 2-1 game last season - he also came a ball hair away from putting us ahead at Celtic Park in the 4-0 defeat - a game he started really well but then the change with Hayes having to go off seemed to effect the whole side. 

To imply that he doesn't do it against Celtic is taking on Celtic levels of paranoia. There are plenty who don't perform against Celtic, to single him out when he's looked as likely a goal threat as anyone else in these matches is harsh to say the least.

Agreed. My only gripe with McGinn against Celtic is that when he does score he apologises. I know it's trivial but it winds me up a little. No one's asking him to celebrate like we've won the champions league or anything. Just don't apologise to the pricks.

Agreed. My only gripe with McGinn against Celtic is that when he does score he apologises. I know it's trivial but it winds me up a little. No one's asking him to celebrate like we've won the champions league or anything. Just don't apologise to the pricks.

As far as I'm aware that only happened once didn't it?...

What player plays to his potential every week though?

I've never seen anything from McGinn that's made me think he's not trying, yes he's had dips in form but not once have I thought it was down to lack of effort.

I suspect a few have seen his apologetic celebration against celtic and let that cloud their judgement.

You present your opinion like you know better than everyone else. You better be on very firm ground then.

How many games do you go to? How old are you? Have you ever played the game at any decent level? Do you have particular skill in the areas of human endeavour, "high performance" sport in particular?

If you've not seen a lack of effort from McGinn, over a sustained period then you've not been watching or you're not qualified to see properly. He's started this season with great attitude but you're ignoring his past. Perhaps because you weren't there. Had you been, you would have heard his own goalkeeper from the other side of the stadium at St Mirren (assuming you sit with us in the away end) berating him during yet another abject display.

McGinn was good, then he was great, like very great, then he went off the boil for an alarming length of time. Most of us all saw it, his own team mates did. Some performers are consistent. Others roller coast. The inconsistent ones don't dip in form because they lose their technical ability. They do so for other, more human reasons. A good manager gets the most out of his people. It's been an encouraging start this season, for not just McGinn and McInnes. Long may it continue.

Speaking of inconsistency, Gordon Strachan was the worst I ever saw. One week he was incredible, the next, totally shite and occasionally meh. Even his meh performances were different, sometimes ok for the whole game and other times flashes of brilliance AND posted missing.

He was infuriating. We never knew which Strachan would turn up. Which is why I suspect SAF wanted rid and why the two men can't stand each other.

You present your opinion like you know better than everyone else. You better be on very firm ground then.

How many games do you go to? How old are you? Have you ever played the game at any decent level? Do you have particular skill in the areas of human endeavour, "high performance" sport in particular?

If you've not seen a lack of effort from McGinn, over a sustained period then you've not been watching or you're not qualified to see properly. He's started this season with great attitude but you're ignoring his past. Perhaps because you weren't there. Had you been, you would have heard his own goalkeeper from the other side of the stadium at St Mirren (assuming you sit with us in the away end) berating him during yet another abject display.

McGinn was good, then he was great, like very great, then he went off the boil for an alarming length of time. Most of us all saw it, his own team mates did. Some performers are consistent. Others roller coast. The inconsistent ones don't dip in form because they lose their technical ability. They do so for other, more human reasons. A good manager gets the most out of his people. It's been an encouraging start this season, for not just McGinn and McInnes. Long may it continue.

Not at all, my opinions not any more important than anyone else's but it is based on what I've actually seen (sitting in the Aberdeen end thanks very much!)  and I sure as fuck don't need to justify that to an agressive know it all keyboard warrior who seems to let personal feelings on certain players cloud his judgement.

But don't let that stop you showering us in your infinite wisdom  ;)

Not at all, my opinions not any more important than anyone else's but it is based on what I've actually seen (sitting in the Aberdeen end thanks very much!)  and I sure as fuck don't need to justify that to an agressive know it all keyboard warrior who seems to let personal feelings on certain players cloud his judgement.

But don't let that stop you showering us in your infinite wisdom  ;)

What a shame. Could you not have been more original?

You accuse me of the same indictment that you yourself was charged with.

Let's not forget the beef.

You said McGinn was NOT guilty of a lack of effort.

You said some people were so stupid their judgement was clouded by his disgraceful conduct at Parkhead.

Facts are facts.

You were totally wrong about McGinn's doldrums period. You were presenting like you knew best.

Arse behaviour.

You said McGinn was NOT guilty of a lack of effort.

Correct, I said that because I genuinely believe that to be the case, If it wasn't I do not believe he would still be here. As I've already stated I totally agree that he's gone through prolonged spells where he's been out of form, but I've never put that down to a lack of effort. That is my opinion based on what I've seen.

You said some people were so stupid their judgement was clouded by his disgraceful conduct at Parkhead.

Once again correct, you're on a roll here rocket well done. I did indeed say that as again it something I truly believe, it's my opinion. Also, to label an awkward apologetic celebration after scoring his first (correct me if I'm wrong) goal against a club he spent a significant portion of his professional career at as being disgraceful just shows how petty and childish you are. In my opinion

Facts are facts.

You were totally wrong about McGinn's doldrums period. You were presenting like you knew best.

Oh you were so close to going 3/3 there... I've only presented my opinions, you may notice I've pointed that out above  ;)

it may well be your opinion that I'm wrong about the reasons behind McGinn's lack of form, but to suggest that's anything more than your opinion is laughable.

I could go full blown rocket here and question what you're basing this opinion on but... Quite frankly I don't care.

I'm just looking forward to McGinn putting in a MOTM performance on Saturday just to see your reaction, sure you'll catch it on sportscene if he does  ;)

Arse behaviour.

:wave:

Correct, I said that because I genuinely believe that to be the case, If it wasn't I do not believe he would still be here. As I've already stated I totally agree that he's gone through prolonged spells where he's been out of form, but I've never put that down to a lack of effort. That is my opinion based on what I've seen.

Once again correct, you're on a roll here rocket well done. I did indeed say that as again it something I truly believe, it's my opinion. Also, to label an awkward apologetic celebration after scoring his first (correct me if I'm wrong) goal against a club he spent a significant portion of his professional career at as being disgraceful just shows how petty and childish you are. In my opinion

Oh you were so close to going 3/3 there... I've only presented my opinions, you may notice I've pointed that out above  ;)

it may well be your opinion that I'm wrong about the reasons behind McGinn's lack of form, but to suggest that's anything more than your opinion is laughable.

I could go full blown rocket here and question what you're basing this opinion on but... Quite frankly I don't care.

I'm just looking forward to McGinn putting in a MOTM performance on Saturday just to see your reaction, sure you'll catch it on sportscene if he does  ;)

:wave:

Your whole tone and the condescension within disgusts.

Incapable of discussing. Incapable of disagreeing.

It's ok to have different opinions. It's not ok to be a total arse fuck up.