Author Topic: The world according to TRUTH, not western lies  (Read 20741 times)

Offline RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 71
Re: The world according to TRUTH, not western lies
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2019, 04:40:15 PM »
It's a fact that the current generation, certainly those born since 2000 don't read full stop! The levels of literacy has fallen alarmingly, whatever the SNP government might try to spin. Concentration spans and self-discipline are going down the toilet. It's the delayed gratification aspect that has been lost, not just by shit parenting but a deliberately engineered dumbing down and the promotion of the instant celebrity culture. When Warhol spoke about everybody getting their 15 minutes of fame, he wasn't talking (or even thinking) in terms of social constructs.

Interesting, but I don't believe it's just those born since 2000. I think that reading in general seems to be "not a thing". Perhaps with the rise of the internet, but perhaps not, I meet a lot of folk of all ages who don't read.

In the 70's I used the library a LOT and just used to take random books off the shelves. Not quite so random really but when that article quoted "Orwell, Dickens, Tolstoy, Zola, Hemingway, Chomsky, Neruda", I knew the works of 4 of those 7 simply by picking up their books at Central Library and a fifth, Dickens (who I didn't like particularly but a good social commentator of the times), I learned a bit about at school. I also got into a LOT of great literature just from random selection and once I hit across authors I loved, would devour their whole catalogue.

My thoughts are that it's to do with the built environment. As a rural child of the 80s, I also used the library a lot but then my toon was built in such a manner that it was easy to do so. I could cycle, walk or run to it. But, most importantly, there wasn't a book shop or an amazon. The entire design of towns these days sets folk up for a life of consumerism. We can be advertised at in our own homes, so we'll just buy books, because that is what we're pushed towards. It's easy for me, and you too, because libraries were on our walks home fae school or to the shoppie. Any new housing deliberately eschews that. We also didn't have endless manner of shite rammed down our throats from a young age. The sharing setup of a public library gets in the way of the massive cunt selling books and we're taught - now - from a young age that you need your own shite. Books were free when I was a kid, or they came in reader's digest volumes. Libraries have completely failed to evolve, mind you, but I believe that is entirely deliberate - the markets will decide who is wealthy enough to read.

My vastly superior intellect and my phenomenal ability to think, communicate and perform wasn't just a random accident ye ken! I worked at it without even knowing the benefits of what I was doing at the time. My (perceived) arrogance, my prejudices and my absolute intolerances however, those are life-choices. I'm just a "humble" (sic) Eberdonian who doesn't give a fuck and who had some incredible fortune in life (the biggest being being there on 11.5.1983), to go some misfortune which drives and spurs us on, adversity being welcome and indeed necessary in fact, not just for the Yin and Yang of it.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -157
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2019, 04:49:02 PM »
It's easy for me, and you too, because libraries were on our walks home fae school or to the shoppie.

Aww, you quoted my preposterous last paragraph but you made no comment about it :(

I agree on the whole re consumerism and all that but just a correction, the Central library was not convenient to get to because I needed to spend my pocket money getting a bus into toon to go to and from there. I never met anyone else from my academy of 1,000+ pupils who shared my enthusiasm, in that I didn't meet anyone I knew in the library, not that I was the only cunt at school who read.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline TheMinterOhMintlaw

• Banned
  • Under 16's
  • Rating: -4
  • Fuckwit
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2019, 06:08:40 PM »
I don't actually believe you believe any of these conspiracy theories, rocket old boy. From what I gather you're just trying to appear open minded to the working classes ::) You'll have to get up pretty early to catch me out, sonny jim   :smile:

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 31
« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »
As I once saw quoted...."if it looks like a rumpus and smells like a rumpus, it probably is a rumpus"  :wave:

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2019, 07:44:29 PM »
As I once saw quoted...."if it looks like a rumpus and smells like a rumpus, it probably is a rumpus"  :wave:

Sound detection sir. And mods, don't even think about the banhammer. Rumpleforeskin must stay. It would be folly to ban him. Free speech and Eberdeen go hand in sock. Protect our Sir Timothy.

• Banned
  • Under 16's
  • Fuckwit
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
Mods can be fickle creatures as you well know. Ready to sacrifice the talent for the sake of maintaining a softly softly approach. You know how it is. You walked in my shoes once.  I, in turn, slept in your bed. On the old Aberdeen mad forum they called me an innovator, ahead of my time. They were right. I didn't get rich sitting on my hands. As i walked the jungles of Sierra Leone i would get knowing glances from the tribesmen. They knew they were in the presence of a man with a lifeforce like no other.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »
No they were wondering what vegetable to serve alongside you after they had put you in the pot.

Then realised you are the biggest vegetable north of the Tay....and those tribesmen aren't vegetarian, the like a bit of meat in their stew.....

• Banned
  • Under 16's
  • Fuckwit
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2019, 04:02:32 PM »
A clip round the lugs is what you'll get, laddie. Just like your pal young Poodler.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2019, 07:08:31 AM »
Point of order Sir Rumpothy.

Appearing anything to the working classes and appealing to the masses is an exercise in futility.

Other than for those with a vested interest in exploiting them. A politician for example.

The Aberdeen working classes were shining brightly yesterday morning on the flight to Amsterdam.

"Tie a knot in it", "I'll tie you in a knot ye cunt" and the continuous "shut the fuck up"'s passes for banter (and indeed love) between these incredibly stupid people but to the rest of us, and particularly the civilised Dutch, they are a blight on humanity and a national embarrassment to any Scotsman who doesn't share their intellectual vacuums.

Note to their wives that they had with them. When you're old - or at least your appearance has aged by more than a decade due to a life of smoking and eating and drinking shite - please don't wear tops that are bare on the arms and where the cleavage point is visible. I don't want your disgusting obesity in my face at any time, especially when stone cold sober, unlike you cunts, partaking of alcohol for breakfast. And as for that cackle. It ripped right through the 737 and it was relentless.

Where they were headed for oblivion and possible death/incarceration by tea time in the bigger Dam, we were heading for the fantastic Rotterdam, a city I've come to know and love in the last six months. No Timothy Rumbold, dealing with these scum on any level should be avoided at all costs so why the fuck would we want to appear anything to them although to be fair, these cunts yesterday couldn't type. The cunts on here though, who can type, are also a form of humanity and therefore similarly unappealing.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -60
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2019, 08:45:52 AM »
Tie a knot in it ya skinny cunt.

Ken.

• Banned
  • Under 16's
  • Fuckwit
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2019, 10:24:08 PM »
Rocket, this is some of the finest prose comitted to bandwidth. I fell out of love with working classes decade ago. I headed as far south as south would take me. Rocket, laddie, I wrote the book on white saviour complex before it was even a thing. Its with NO small measure of irony i found my current life partner in the jungles of nigeria.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »
Cool it rump tim sir minter munter. And please change that line at the bottom of your posts that refers to me. Not cool.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2019, 01:26:48 PM »
Crikey the banhammer has come down with a mighty bang. Personally id've kept Sir Tim of Kendal Mintcake in purely for the comedy value. He's an arse and I understand he would get up some folks' fartpipes but I'm with Rocket on this one....free speech must reign.

Oh and as it's game day....fuck the huns!

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
An explanation of why he was banned would be appreciated.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 49
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2019, 11:15:34 PM »
Using generally hunnish language would be my guess. 
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline scotfree

• Administrator
  • Rating: 27
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2019, 02:38:39 AM »
An explanation of why he was banned would be appreciated.
He had been banned before under different names.
“Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?”

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2019, 06:10:49 PM »
Like the author of this piece, I similarly don't specifically know what happened in Salisbury.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/03/pure-ten-points-i-just-cant-believe-about-the-official-skripal-narrative/

But like Karyn Dunbar, as soon as I saw the tone of the PM breaking it to the house, I smelt shite.

It appears my instinct was right. It's been a total lie from the start.