Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

KF Shkendija away match thread

Whilst I can't complain about either ac or gs's performance I'm still scunnered that gs is in midfield

I agree completely, seems like a waste to put him there.

We were pretty rubbish in the second, Taylor should have scored a couple and there was some calamitous defending.  Can't argue about their goal, they deserved it.

Not overly impressed with that. Shinnie looks wasted in midfield. Deek still cannot see that he cannot play Flood and Jack. System left Rooney far to isolated. Keeper had couple of nervey moments. However we have the away goal and with another week training should be able to see this mob off.

Not impressed.

Plain and simple, we were too negative.

I'll not bother paying them the usual platitudes of being fit and well organised, if we'd actually gone out to beat them, we would have.

I thought Weser up to contain and score on the break. At 0-1, that looks justifiable but I think it was still questionable and at 1-1 those questions were answered. Quinn was gash, Taylor looked lost and Ward also failed to cover himself in glory. It was not a good night for the defence, nor was it a particularly good night for our attackers either.

I think we'll beat this lot at Pittodrie. Tonight wasn't a disaster. But if we've aspirations of getting 3points vs Dundee orPartick or Hamilyon sassy this year, we need to be more convincing and more dominant in this type of encounter.

I thought we looked alright in the first  half, poor in the second.  Don't understand the slating of ward, nothing he could have done about the goal and other than that though he commanded his box well............ not said that abut and AFC keeper since Kjaer.  First competitive game after a short lay off at a tricky awya fixture?  I'll take 1-1 happily

decent enough result in tricky game ,aye ward looked alright to me.    first competitive game the season nothing get excited about,  first half was total control. second half the home team woke up and had to. should stroll it next week glad its close as we need this going into the Croatia game.    regards this type performance to what we will be like against Dundee and motherwell is being a daft.  its Europe totally different type games and mcinnies nearly got it spot on.  next couple weeks is about getting results performances will come , its start july  ;). big crowd on Thursday is needed looking forward to it.

The result is not the worst in the world but I do feel we could have come away with the win.

I thought we played well in the first half, we never really gave them a chance to anything. Second half our foot just seemed to keep slipping more and more off the gas and we allowed them more time and space to come at us.

Shinnie although he played well is a wasted talent in midfield, I think McInnes is trying far too hard to please everyone and he needs to bite the bullet and get Shinnie in at left back. I know Considine put a shift in last season but Shinnie is a class above him.

I really think we need to bring in a powerhouse of a Central Midfielder, the Jack and Flood combo for me just doesn't work, I would rather see Robson in for Flood if I am honest.

Ward seemed to do ok, seems a lot of Dons fans are pointing the finger at him for the goal but I think that may be a tad harsh, his defense were sitting very deep and their player did really well to loop that header in the net.

Overall it wasn't our best day at the office and we need to turn it up a gear next week at Pittodrie, something we are more than capapble of doing #COYR

Ward wasn't to blame for the goal - the two centre backs standing off the guy were to blame, one of them had to be closer. It was a cracking header though, in fairness.

But what was Ward up to with that one he left and the guy got in behind him, only for Quinn to save us? Terrible decision making.

Agree with Jute - Rooney far too isolated and not enough dynamism coming from midfield.

Taylor... the first passage of play in the game summed him up - big lump up the park to no-one and when it comes back he is indecisive and his touch lets him down resulting in them getting a half chance. Happens far too much with this guy, his distribution is hellish and it puts us under pressure. Put Considine into CB with Reynolds (when fit) and get Shinnie to LB.