Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Klip Klopp

I see Jurgen is offski at the end of the season.

It was only a matter of time before he left, but I'm surprised he's thrown in the towel this season. Surely after the dodgy start he'd want to prove something.

That said, you can only take so much before you call it a day when your rivals keep pinching your top players, and all your top players want to go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32317833

Very intrigued to see where he ends up.  I know a lot of people are targeting Premier League clubs, but who's to say Ancelotti is guaranteed his spot at Real? or even at Barca?

I do feel bad for him, always had a lot of respect for Dortmund and it must have been incredibly frustrating. This season especially.

Very intrigued to see where he ends up.  I know a lot of people are targeting Premier League clubs, but who's to say Ancelotti is guaranteed his spot at Real? or even at Barca?

I do feel bad for him, always had a lot of respect for Dortmund and it must have been incredibly frustrating. This season especially.

Very much this.  Would be rather interesting to see Klopp's Barca  side taking on Pep's Bayern.  City are likely to be bidding farewell to Pellegrini and they would be an attraction you would think.... but more than Real or Barca (one of their respective managers will likely be replaced come the end of the season)?  It's hard to say, he's a man of principle and therefore  might throw a bit of a curveball like pep did when he went to Bayern.  City do have a lot to offer though and for someone like Klopp he might just fancy it.  As new boys on the big fish in the european pond stage (kinda though yet to do anything in Europe) they have yet to really establish what type of big club they want to be.... Klopp could go in there and be the first to make city truly one of the big fish.  That would appeal to him I think. 

Has Klopp not previously said the idea of "money" football is not his style, hence he's unlikely to go to Man shiteh?

I think he did with the whole Bayern pinching his players affair.

I'd be very surprised to see him wind up at Citeh when they are everything he hates. Plus they're just a souless club who look likely to pay well over the odds to keep themselves there (Chelsea have been at it longer and have Mou, Utd are still seen as the biggest from Europe looking in, and Arsenal have Wenger).

I think he'll go to Italy. Benitez is away from Napoli at the end of the season. That could be a good fit. They seem to back their manager with money anyway.

• 1 month later...