Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hemmin Phoenix Min

donsdaft

I thank you for your introduction to Hannah Reid, I listen to her often.

Now, I realise that you are listening to her sober and I am not, but when I hear her voice I am always reminded of David Crosby.

This worries me because Hannah is a bit of stuff and I really don't want my fantacy's invaded by an image of a great big hairy bloke.

In particular " All along the lee shore" is a problem.

Perhaps I should have titled this " Dear Phoenix"

We could start a problem page.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I only met him twice in the real world.

First time was in 6 degrees north.

Stooge has issued a "sort of" open invitation to meet up before a game at Pittodrie.

Of course I was the only one who turned up and found myself welcome but gatecrashing father and 2 sons in the pub.

Feeling slightly awkward and fearing the dreaded silences, I did what I always do on these occasions.

Completely dominate the conversation

Yes, been there done it twice.

What a twat.

Second time was for a coffee with Buc in the Spital

I recounted my memory of the previous meeting which Phoenixx found hilarious but he had the good grace  to say that he hadn't noticed.

A mine of information of the music business and a guaranteed balanced but informed view on politics new and old.

Aye, he'll be a miss

Has a text first thing this morning informing me of his passing.

Has had a really hard time of it in the lead up to this and now at peace.

Had the good fortune to be in Phoenix's company on a few occasions and an absolute gent with many a story to tell.

Thoughts as ever with those he leaves behind.

RIP Phoenix

Sad news indeed.

Hung out with Pete many times, semi regularly back in the day, but our paths hadn't crossed in a while.

Top bloke, chilled, funny, glass-half-full, music freak.

I recall many a meeting ended with me leaving with a CD he'd burned, he seemed to carry a stash of such CDs to hand out as he felt appropriate.

Original amongst the "hoors and radges" from the days of the auld, official AFC chat.

I'm sure he's out there someplace nursing a nice Merlot, musing on the vagaries of it all.

Dunno if Stooge looks in here at all but if he is/does, thoughts are with you and yours pal.

RIP Pete.

Banner in remembrance of Pete on Saturday's game and a minutes applause to be held in the 71st minute.

I'm on record as being against this fad of late for every tom dick or harry that nobody has previously heard of, Phoenixx however is another matter, a guy known not just to his band of real-life pals, but across the Dons social media pages as well.

I'm on record as being against this fad of late for every tom dick or harry that nobody has previously heard of, Phoenixx however is another matter, a guy known not just to his band of real-life pals, but across the Dons social media pages as well.

100% agree.