Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

"That" song

Guest Caroline B

Guest Caroline B

How disappointing it was to hear the "Simmie" song being sung by a minority of fools yesterday at the hun match. The singing took place in RDU upper and was sung by a bunch of lads probably not old enough to have been born when the event (Simmie's tackle on Durrant), took place.

I wrongly thought we'd heard the last of this piece of nonsense. If you know of anyone or indeed took part in this, Please WISE UP!!

Guest fatshaft

What's wrong with it?

They were singing pro-Durrant songs, we sang anti-Durrant songs.

Someone hurt their leg 20 years ago, so what?

Singing about the Ibrox disaster is wrong, hence not a whisper of it yesterday.

What's wrong with it, isn't the song itself as I've already said in another thread, Durrant was a horrible little ned, but more the fact that it's the same tune as the Ibrox song, and no matter how much we protest, Jim Traynor, the Daily Hun, and all the knuckle draggers will claim it's the IDS we sing every single time, even if it's the Durrant song. Best left in the past, or make a new Durrant song to a differenbt tune.

I'd rather we eradicated the Durrant song from the stands completely!

I couldnae gie a flying fuck about Ian Durrant. But I'm sure Neil Simpson doesn't need constant reminder of the incident that eventually drove him out of Scottish football.

Who drove Simmie out of Scottish football. Not Aberdeen or the tackle. It was only a tackle that was a wee bit unfortunate; the ball moved and Durrants knee was in the way, but the leg breakers that fuckwit and others tried to put in our players were ok in the game were they? The wankers in the West coast press and Rangers hounded him out.  They still constantly go on about Durrant etc, so fuck em.....have it back with interest.

Who drove Simmie out of Scottish football. Not Aberdeen or the tackle. It was only a tackle that was a wee bit unfortunate; the ball moved and Durrants knee was in the way, but the leg breakers that fuckwit and others tried to put in our players were ok in the game were they? The wankers in the West coast press and Rangers hounded him out.  They still constantly go on about Durrant etc, so fuck em.....have it back with interest.

nah, I beleive there was a lot of malice in that tackle, if you seen it (or the photos of it) you would change your mind.

nah, I beleive there was a lot of malice in that tackle, if you seen it (or the photos of it) you would change your mind.

I don't care if there was or there wasn't. Durrant still milks it to this day. "How Aberdeen fans nearly drove me to suicide". Clown!

Possibly. Was there any more malice in that tackle though than the one Graeme Souness put in on Siggy Johnson for Scotland versus Iceland? Johnson was out for 3 years and was eventually forced to sign for Dundee United because things were that bad.

Or was it anymore malicious than the Souness stamping on the groin of the Steaua Bucharest player at Ibrox?  Or his horrid "tackle" on Billy Stark in an Old Firm game when Stark was trying to put his boot back on?

Simmie was a player with no previous, it was out of character. And if you want to talk about how people look in photos, take a look at former Dons player Neale Cooper around the time of the incident, he was WANTING to hurt someone.

Let's face it, D***ant got a bad injury. His career continued however. No one died. It's probably time the song was put to bed, but if people choose to continue to sing it, let's not get our knickers in a twist about it, eh?

On ScotSport the other day, Gerry McNee ( :finger:) claimed it was the Simmie incident that ignited the rivalry between Aberdeen and Rangers. Didn't Willie Johnston stamp on McMaster's throat years before this?

And I'm sure there were many other flashpoint incidents between the clubs before then, not to mention the fact that Aberdeen often thumped Rangers during that decade....it seems only a moron would claim that the reason todays games are so contested is because of "something the Dons did X years ago".

On ScotSport the other day, Gerry McNee ( :finger:) claimed it was the Simmie incident that ignited the rivalry between Aberdeen and Rangers. Didn't Willie Johnston stamp on McMaster's throat years before this?

And I'm sure there were many other flashpoint incidents between the clubs before then, not to mention the fact that Aberdeen often thumped Rangers during that decade....it seems only a moron would claim that the reason todays games are so contested is because of "something the Dons did X years ago".

And Derek Johnstone getting Doug Rougvie sent off in the cup final, the huns invading the pitch at Ibrox as we were 3-0 up and they were down to 9 men, invading pittodrie and wrecking the gates/goalposts/stands/pitch... McNee's a moron and we shouldn't give him any credence by mentioning his name in connection to our club.

What's wrong with it, isn't the song itself as I've already said in another thread, Durrant was a horrible little ned, but more the fact that it's the same tune as the Ibrox song, and no matter how much we protest, Jim Traynor, the Daily Hun, and all the knuckle draggers will claim it's the IDS we sing every single time, even if it's the Durrant song. Best left in the past, or make a new Durrant song to a differenbt tune.

what utter bollocks and so sad that it has come from an Aberdeen fan.

Did you use Follow Follow for your source for the above?

Guest fatshaft

what utter bollocks and so sad that it has come from an Aberdeen fan.

Did you use Follow Follow for your source for the above?

source for what?  That they confuse the two? No, as I have never logged into a Hun site.

What's so sad about stating exactly what they say about it, it's not my opinion, it's simply an observation.

I'm not sure you actually understood what I've posted have you?

I think my esteemed Glaswegian friend is trying to say that 'the Durrant song' and 'the Ibrox disaster' song are set to two different tunes, and you stated

but more the fact that it's the same tune as the Ibrox song
which is inaccuracy stated on said rangers websites.

Guest fatshaft

I think my esteemed Glaswegian friend is trying to say that 'the Durrant song' and 'the Ibrox disaster' song are set to two different tunes, and you stated  ...........................which is inaccuracy stated on said rangers websites.

Fair enough, I've never heard the IDS, as I've often stated to ignorant Huns, including on Traynor's phone in on one occassion. They all (including that baldy twat) claim thats what it is, if it's not then what to do.

So someone enlighten me to the tune that it's supposed to be, instead of being a twat like Weegie sheep there.

Fair enough, I've never heard the IDS, as I've often stated to ignorant Huns, including on Traynor's phone in on one occassion. They all (including that baldy twat) claim thats what it is, if it's not then what to do.

So someone enlighten me to the tune that it's supposed to be, instead of being a twat like Weegie sheep there.

The IDS song is set to the same tune as those Leeds/Liverpool wankers sing "who's that lying on the runway..." to Man Utd fans. I'm sure you must have heard that living down south.

hi

the sad, twisted scum decided that in order to deflect from their own horrific song book they would fabricate a song to the tune of another song that was regularly sung by us at Ibrox.

The Ian Durrant Song goes to the tune of Ally's Army

The Ibrox Disaster Song...well it's nae really a tune I could put a name too.  But it goes along the lines of:

We all agree,

that ibrox is full of bigots...but with a word or two changed obviously

Surely you know this?

The huns chose to invent a song starting "who's that lying on the stairwell". In fact they are so twisted they invested an entire verse and chorus just to prove how scummy we .

The Ibrox Disaster song hasn't been sung at pittodrie in years and hasn't been sung at Ibrox by more than a handful of pissed twats in years.The huns are talking mince and you'd be well to ignore the cunts

Possibly. Was there any more malice in that tackle though than the one Graeme Souness put in on Siggy Johnson for Scotland versus Iceland? Johnson was out for 3 years and was eventually forced to sign for Dundee United because things were that bad. Or was it anymore malicious than the Souness stamping on the groin of the Steaua Bucharest player at Ibrox?  Or his horrid "tackle" on Billy Stark in an Old Firm game when Stark was trying to put his boot back on?

Simmie was a player with no previous, it was out of character. And if you want to talk about how people look in photos, take a look at former Dons player Neale Cooper around the time of the incident, he was WANTING to hurt someone.

Or more recently in our memories ... Fernando Ricksen's "straightening out" tackle on Darren Young. The two main differences between these tackles are:

(1) Simme regrets the tackle, but Pricksen went on to gloat and try to give reason on his personal website!

(2) Darren Young was made of skin and bone, but Durrant was made of curry powder and four day old naan bread, hence why he crumbled so easily

Let's face it, D***ant got a bad injury. His career continued however. No one died. It's probably time the song was put to bed, but if people choose to continue to sing it, let's not get our knickers in a twist about it, eh?

As a result of the tackle, Simmie got hounded out of Scotland by the weejia-witchhunt. Durrant, however, went on to collect numerous titles and cups with Rangers and had more playing years in Scottish football than your average pro footballer. There was only one person's career ruined that day in 1988 ... and it wasn't Durrant!