Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Saints

Very few seats left in the current allocation (stand behind goal and section of the main stand)

Wise move by the club to shift the County game from tomorrow to the Scottish cup weekend made even wise by BT deciding to shift the game to Friday. Saints have to go to Inverness tomorrow night too (weather depending)

IN/OOT - oot

PRE-MATCH - hopefully out running if the ice vanishes

MATCH - flat with either text coverage or perhaps a dodgy stream given that BT are playing silly buggers with my BT Sport coverage

POST MATCH - Flat

Prediction - 1-2  Flood

Real shame that we're going to be forced into making changes to a team that's been performing well. I suppose we've been lucky with injuries this season so far so that had to come to an end. (what with only Russell being out)

So what should we do? Shift Hayes to right-back? I'd prefer to keep him in midfield where he's a lot more effective (although we do now have flood back). Will Joe come in? I think I'd go with:

Brown

Logan Considine Reynolds Shaughnessy

Hayes Jack Pawlett

Rooney Goodwillie McGinn

Find it hard to disagree with that line up tyrant. Massive shame about the injury but we did incredibly well to go without any serious new injuries for some time. We need to make sure we go all guns blazing for this one. We've conceded now so there is no additional pressure other than to win the game. Clean sheet is a bonus.

So what should we do? Shift Hayes to right-back? I'd prefer to keep him in midfield where he's a lot more effective (although we do now have flood back). Will Joe come in? I think I'd go with:

Brown

Logan Considine Reynolds Shaughnessy

Hayes Jack Pawlett

Rooney Goodwillie McGinn

I'd keep the natural left footer at left back, and put Joe in beside Reynolds.

I will be quite surprised if it's anything other than the change made when Taylor came off against Dundee. Flood in and jh to lb and I very much how this is the case. Flood playing gives Jack far more opportunity to be creative and we have not dominated the midfield anywhere near as effectively since he got injured.

Out

Train to Mancland

Rory Bremner TV show

Out in town

2-1 Dons, McGinn and Goodie

Team news from BBC:

St Johnstone forward James McFadden completes a three-match ban, while Chris Millar, Murray Davidson, Michael O'Halloran, Frazer Wright are doubts.

Brian Easton and Steven MacLean are in contention after staying on the bench for Tuesday's loss at Inverness as they are eased back after injury.

Aberdeen defender Ashton Taylor misses out after undergoing knee surgery.

Russell Anderson, Scott McKenna and Nicky Low remain unavailable for the Dons through injury.

But full-back Joe Shaughnessy is available following a loan spell with Falkirk.

According to SPL stats on Twitter, a win tonight would be our 7th consecutive away victory which has only been achieved in 1936 and 1970.

I don't think it's the loss of Taylor so much as he played against Dundee and we only got better when he went off injured - it's the fact that Reynolds is not playing well at all - him & Considine just didn't look comfortable last night

Need some bite in our midfield - even tho no-one really played well apart from Rooney tho he is a star every game -  we are still creating plenty chances

26 points from the last 30 is still a fantastic achievement  :thumbsup:

2 draws on the bounce to teams we had every right to think we had a good chance of beating has very much knocked the wind from the sails a bit.  if they the don't lose the game in hand we are in minor miracle territory if you ask me.  It's still not out of the question and there's a lot of football still to be played but I'll be surprised if we make it to the top of the pile again.

I don't think it's the loss of Taylor so much as he played against Dundee and we only got better when he went off injured - it's the fact that Reynolds is not playing well at all - him & Considine just didn't look comfortable last night

Need some bite in our midfield - even tho no-one really played well apart from Rooney tho he is a star every game -  we are still creating plenty chances

26 points from the last 30 is still a fantastic achievement  :thumbsup:

I reckon a big part of reynolds looking comfortable is having a good partner at centre half...

Considine has been played at left back so often that he's forgotten how to play centre half. Need someone in during the window. Met Rooney tonight who said mcinnes is working on bringing in at least 2 this month.

I know its all about opinions but I've never been convinced by consi at CH at all, well at least since his last major injury anyway. His role at left back seemed to give him a new lease of life. I'm with ED on this one.

I know its all about opinions but I've never been convinced by consi at CH at all, well at least since his last major injury anyway. His role at left back seemed to give him a new lease of life. I'm with ED on this one.

Have to disagree Manc. Considine was on verge of a Scotland call up before his injury. Since coming back he has not really had chance to get a run at centre half due to form of Renyolds and Anderson and our odd obsession with not signing a left back. He will hopefully get a run of games now to allow him to establish partnership with Reynolds.

Also think folk are under estimating how well Chris Kane played. He looks a very decent prospect for Saints and we could not cope with him running at us with the ball.

We also struggled to cope with Stewart at Dundee running at the centre of defence last week when Taylor did play. As Hebrew has already said we coped much better once Taylor went off last week so to suggest Taylor would have coped any better against Kane on Friday is a bit of stretch in my opinion.

Agreed. He's never done it for me in the centre.