Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland Squad

BigAl

Calum McGregor, seven games into his Celtic career all set for call up to full international squad according to this morning's Daily Mail.

Now whilst I have absolutely nothing against the lad personally, this is just so wrong. He actually looks like a decent young player, but seven games for the Bog Munchers and he is straight into the squad.

Another reason as to why I simply can't get excited about the national team these days.

Edit: Confirmed call up. Also Craig Gordon's form in playing THREE games for the same team results in a recall. Will go on record would have on issue with a recall once he has played consistently for RaSellic week in week out, but three fucking games !

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only going along 'cause I've always fancied visiting the Westfalstadion. As for the very predictable squad announcement....meh.

Good news though, I'm accidently staying in Hamburg the night Klitschko is fighting somebody over something, so I'm heading along to the boxing too - which should be good  ;D

Solid performance from the team. Couldn't have asked for much more ( well, apart from mulgrew showing he's still a fanny). So many positives, especially from that second half performance. Still thought the referee was overly harsh on us throughout the game, and ending the game on a corner is weird.

Solid performance from the team. Couldn't have asked for much more ( well, apart from mulgrew showing he's still a fanny). So many positives, especially from that second half performance. Still thought the referee was overly harsh on us throughout the game, and ending the game on a corner is weird.

Seriously? I thought we were shite in the first half and - although marginally better in the 2nd - the Germans could have ripped us a new one if they'd stepped it up a bit. McArthur's touch for the second goal would have been embarrassing for someone in primary school football never mind professional.

I will say that -even though I'd never heard of him before the game - Ikechi Anya played really well IMO...

Genuinely didn't think that we were that bad all game. How Whittaker gets near the starting XI confuses the fuck out of me but that aside. I thought it was a decent performance. All well and good saying germany could have done this, but they didn't. We did a good job of containing them, just completely lost the plot, especially with the second goal. Not too sure about Hanley or morrison. Reynolds is far superior to both of them combined. Definitely more positive than not.

• 3 weeks later...

Mark Reynolds has been called up to the squad for the upcoming fixtures. How the fuck he didn't start the game against Germany is beyond me.

We have a dearth of decent centre backs, that seems to be our biggest weakness. I don't think we can do much better than playing Hanley and Martin there, is Reynolds up to standard? I'd certainly rather oor Mark than Gordon fucking Greer!

Whilst I feel bias towards reynolds I could understand GS not picking him for such a big game when the likes of Berra and Greer have more international experience.  Just saying

True, but them having international experience isn't saying much.  But I know that's not the point you're making. Personally, I rate him above Greer and Hanley.  Berra on his day is a fantastic CB so I wouldn't argue with that at all.