Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

AFC v Partick

Starting this one early this week as much to debate after Saturday's debacle in Perth.

The point of the postponement of the St Mirren game was to freshen up the players and give them a break after a fairly hectic run of games. Christ almighty did that backfire spectacularly, what we got on Saturday was eleven players who looked out of sorts, tactics and a formation from McInnes that were at best puzzling and questionable and lastly proof that if we have a Plan B as to how to play then we sure as hell aren't rushing into playing it.

Saturday's game is already a must win for us. We simply can't allow the likes of ICT and the DABS to open up any more of a gap on us, even this early in the season. I heard it said on Saturday that whilst we've strengthened the squad, we haven't strengthened the first team which effectively remains exactly as it was at the end of season 2013/14.

There are players in our first team who simply appear to be untouchable regardless of how poorly they perform.

If I was a betting man then I'd stake good money that McInnes would start exactly the same eleven this Saturday as last Saturday. Personally speaking would like to see Low get a start. What about playing him at left back ? Can he be any worse an option than Considine ? Considine is a centre back, playing him at left back is doing him no favours. If Anderson isn't fit, then Considine slots in alongside Reynolds as centre defensive pairing. Hayes at left back, might allow us a first glimpse of Jeffrey and inject further pace into the team. Lastly, McInnes claims to have high hopes for Shankland. I for one would like to see him get a chance, and I'm not talking about a five minute cameo appearance at the end of a game. Give him a half hour or so.

Much to ponder.....

Anyway back to Saturday's plans

In

Driving up A90

South Stand

A nervy 2-1 (Pee Paw & Shankland  ;))

Overnighter in Huntly

Was just about to ask if it was too early to call this a must win.

Agree with Al's comments about the St Mirren game. Thought at the time it was a strange decision to cancel the game. It looks like 10 day break has made the players rusty rather than refreshed them.

Also agree that McInnes needs to start blooding more of the youngsters like Low Smith the Shankland.

Oot

Heading through to the Weeg for some inconsiderate cunts wedding reception.

2-0 Dons McGinn and Hayes

We were everything this Saturday that we hadn't been the week before.

Finally watched the highlights last night and completely agree.  Very frustrating to be honest.  I think of the two, Low's goal was my favourite, thought Gallacher could have done better with McGinn's but fair play to him for actually taking the shot on.

Hopefully we can maintain that level of performance on the 13th....

Finally watched the highlights last night and completely agree.  Very frustrating to be honest.  I think of the two, Low's goal was my favourite, thought Gallacher could have done better with McGinn's but fair play to him for actually taking the shot on.

Hopefully we can maintain that level of performance on the 13th....

That's what I said right after we scored but I was assured that wasn't the case. TBH be honest if Langfield had conceded that I wouldn't have been happy.

It was 2-0 going on 5 or 6. We should have scored more. I hope the same Dons team turns up at the Tattie Bowl after the international break.