Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Transfer window - Summer 2014

Interest in Lee Croft according to the Express

Managers Terry Butcher and Derek McInnes have both expressed an interest, but they face competition from Birmingham, Sheffield United and Rotherham, while Major League Soccer is also an option for the 28-year-old winger.

Croft helped St Johnstone reach their first-ever Scottish Cup Final and has played an influential role in getting Tommy Wright’s side into the top six of the Premiership.

The Englishman is out of contract in the summer and could leave McDiarmid Park under freedom of contract, although talks continue on an extension to his existing contract.

Croft is in his second spell with Saints. He also had stints at Derby, Manchester City, Norwich, Huddersfield and Oldham.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croft helped St Johnstone reach their first-ever Scottish Cup Final and has played an influential role in getting Tommy Wright’s side into the top six of the Premiership.

Given he didn't play in the semi final they could say that about most of the St Johnstone squad

Only think i remember him for was Langfield palming his shot onto the post at tynecastle in February

We are lacking enough depth to have an impact player on the bench. I think Cammy has amazing potential but I don't think he is ready to be the go to guy in big games (like against Caley last week). If we can keep our midfield and add one more experienced player then to me that's ideal. Is that guy Lee Croft?? That I'm not too sure, would like to think there is better options

Latest paper talk is suggesting Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, definitely more the kind of player we should be looking at. However thought bigger clubs were looking at him

Tims were linked earlier in the season. Decent player and one who has looked good in games against us. Definitely the kind of player we should be looking at.

A couple of trialists played last night:

Cove Rangers v Aberdeen XI

COVE RANGERS 5 ABERDEEN XI 5

The Dons fought out an entertaining ten goal thriller at a fogbound Allan Park for Cove Rangers stalwart Martin Johnston in a match that saw former Don Steve Tosh make a second half appearance.

Rangers took the lead in 7 minutes through STOTT before Scott McKENNA levelled in 23 with a shot following a Calvin Orsi corner. SCULLY restored the home side's lead but with five minutes to go before the break, it was level when trialist FELEK pounced on a cut back.

Midway through the second period a Declan McMANUS penalty saw the Dons in front for the first time only for LENNOX to level immediately. A spectacular ORSI effort was then followed by a TAYLOR equaliser as the goals continued to come thick and fast and with seven minutes to go! sub Marcus CAMPANILE looked to have won it for the Dons with a great shot after a corner was only half cleared. However, three minutes later a mix up between Michael Rose and Craig Burns resulted in PORTEUS pouncing to complete the scoring in what was an entertaining encounter.

Aberdeen XI: Burns, Murray, A Trialist, Rose, McKenna, O'Neill, Masson, B Trialist, Wright, McManus, Orsi

Subs: Mutch, Campanile, Kelly, O'Sullivan, Jones, Petrie

THE Dons fielded two trialists in their 5-5 draw with Cove Rangers.

Dutch defender Joey Groenbast and German youth cap striker Cem Felek featured at Allan Park last night for Martin Johnston’s testimonial.

Felek, 17, got on the scoresheet for Aberdeen FC.

The attacking midfielder has also made youth appearances for Turkey and Azerbaijan.

Groenbast, 18, was a youth player at Sparta Rotterdam.

Boss Derek McInnes confirmed they are the first of several being considered as additions to their Under-20 squad for next season.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes remains guarded on the topic of offering captain Russell Anderson a new contract. (Various)

And the Dons have joined the list of clubs interested in Cowdenbeath striker Kane Hemmings. (Daily Mail)

Can't see Vernon or Zola being here next season, nothing much has to be said about Zola and McInnes mustn't rate Vernon because I think he's deserved more game time. So we are going to be on the lookout for at least one new striker, think the boy Hemmings deserves a crack at the SPL, is he good enough for us, can't say I know enough about him to judge that but there's definitely potential. So with that in mind I would be okay if this were to happen

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes remains guarded on the topic of offering captain Russell Anderson a new contract. (Various)

And the Dons have joined the list of clubs interested in Cowdenbeath striker Kane Hemmings. (Daily Mail)

Can't see Vernon or Zola being here next season, nothing much has to be said about Zola and McInnes mustn't rate Vernon because I think he's deserved more game time. So we are going to be on the lookout for at least one new striker, think the boy Hemmings deserves a crack at the SPL, is he good enough for us, can't say I know enough about him to judge that but there's definitely potential. So with that in mind I would be okay if this were to happen

Got to keep Vernon, great to see him step up to the plate last night and not for the first time.

Precisely Kow, I know scotfree said its quite coincidental that his contract is coming up but he doesn't strike me as that kinda guy. He got given a chance and took it. I definitely hope he's here next season. I mean, despite not playing much and probably being low on confidence, he still took one of those penalties. That takes balls.

Precisely Kow, I know scotfree said its quite coincidental that his contract is coming up but he doesn't strike me as that kinda guy. He got given a chance and took it. I definitely hope he's here next season. I mean, despite not playing much and probably being low on confidence, he still took one of those penalties. That takes balls.

If there's one thing manc likes its balls...

;)

I just think It might be time for him to move on. He's not really getting any game time and when he does he looks uninterested. His money would be better spent elsewhere.

MacDonald is one of many released by Hearts this morning.

Anyone think he is worth trying to sign?

I think he would be a decent signing but don't think he would join us.

Pretty sure there was interest in him from England in the January window so would expect him to head down there now he has been freed.

MacDonald would be a great signing. Someone who could genuinely challenge Langfield.

I can only assume he was freed because he's a big earner? He'd be the sort of player that could really help them come straight back up.

MacDonald would be a great signing. Someone who could genuinely challenge Langfield.

I can only assume he was freed because he's a big earner? He'd be the sort of player that could really help them come straight back up.

Jambo at work said he was on 3 and a half grand a week as were Hamil and Stevenson