Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

January transfer window 2014 - Rooney in, Alan Tate signs, Wylde out

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE Dons have today signed Swansea City defender Alan Tate until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old arrived at Pittodrie this morning and passed a medical.

Aberdeen FC were due to officially unveil the Englishman as their first January signing at a press conference this afternoon.

Tate is a former Swansea captain and has played in every defensive position.

Having started his career through the ranks at Manchester United, the Englishman has made over 300 appearances in 12 years for Swansea.

But he has been told by manager Michael Laudrup that he is free to leave the club in the summer.

His loan spell at Yeovil Town was cut short earlier this season when he picked up a hamstring injury.

Tate was a key member of the Swans side which propelled itself through the divisions and into the Premier League under Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers.

However, his career was stalled in 2011 when he broke his leg in a golf buggy accident.

Dons boss Derek McInnes has brought in the defender as a replacement to outgoing loanee Michael Hector.

Hector is due to return to Reading on Sunday, following a successful loan spell at Pittodrie.

Was a decent player before he got injured and a very experienced player. Bit worrying he has only managed 14 games since recovering from the leg break.

My thoughts as well Jute, certainly speaks a good game though from what i've listened to on RedTV.  A winner, which is another welcome addition to the squad and only benefit our youngsters in the long run.

DEFENDER Michael Hector today revealed he is desperate to return to Aberdeen FC for the rest of the season.

The 21-year-old has been recalled to parent club Reading following the 1-0 win over Kilmarnock.

Hector is set to have talks on his future tomorrow with Reading boss Nigel Adkins and Director of Football Nick Hammond.

And the stopper is ready to argue his case in a bid to return to Pittodrie.

He said: “I want to stay at Aberdeen and if it was up to me I would have signed up here early doors.

“I will go in tomorrow to see the manager and director.

“I am going to ask politely if I can come back to Aberdeen.

“If not I cannot really argue as Reading are my parent club.

“They have quite a few injuries but hopefully those players will be back fit soon and I will see what happens from there.”

Dons boss Derek McInnes has confirmed he wants to thrash out a fresh loan deal for Hector.