Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Poland vs Scotland

Stewart

• 1 month later...

ABERDEEN FC players have today been overlooked for a place in the national team squad for the upcoming game against Poland in March.

Gordon Strachan this morning announced his selection which does not feature anyone from Pittodrie.

Mark Reynolds had been tipped to feature while Peter Pawlett is one of the favourites to be named Young Player of the Season.

Both though have been left out of the squad that includes surprise selections Andrew Robertson and Phil Bardsley.

See the full squad list below.

Goalkeepers:

Matt Gilks (Blackpool)

David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders:

Phil Bardsley (Sunderland)

Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town)

Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion)

Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers)

Alan Hutton (Aston Villa)

Russell Martin (Norwich City)

Andrew Robertson (Dundee United)

Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders:

Charlie Adam (Stoke City)

Ikechi Anya (Watford)

Barry Bannan (Crystal Palace)

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Chris Burke (Birmingham City)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

James Forrest (Celtic)

James Morrison (West Bromich Albion)

Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic)

Robert Snodgrass (Norwich City)

Strikers:

Steven Fletcher (Sunderland)

Ross McCormack (Leeds United)

Steven Naismith (Everton)

Squad lends support to rumours on the go that no Aberdeen player will be getting a game for Scotland while McGhee is manager....I mean assistant manager.

What a cunt if true (which going on form would be true). Unbelievable that MR has been overlooked.

On the positive, less chance of getting injured playing during a pointless friendly.

Squad lends support to rumours on the go that no Aberdeen player will be getting a game for Scotland while McGhee is manager....I mean assistant manager.

I don't buy that for a second.  I really don't, IMO our players are not being selected for this pretty meaningless away friendly (this is a jolly for the away support, i.e. lets go play somewhere where the booze is cheap and the birds are hot) because their club (who both manager and assistant had very successful and happy periods at lest we forget) is competing really well in all competitions with a squad that does not have an over-abundance of depth.  This is a far more likely scenario than the asst manager of a national team that also has little depth vetoing any promising players on the basis that they are coming from the wrong club dontchathink? That just sounds ridiculous to me, can you honestly imagine that Strachan would tolerate for a second his assistant being so fucking petty?  I've heard Gordon Strachan being described as many things but never as a man that suffer fools lightly.  Cmon guys we're not fucking celtic fans, lets stop being paranoid.

I don't buy that for a second.  I really don't, IMO our players are not being selected for this pretty meaningless away friendly (this is a jolly for the away support, i.e. lets go play somewhere where the booze is cheap and the birds are hot) because their club (who both manager and assistant had very successful and happy periods at lest we forget) is competing really well in all competitions with a squad that does not have an over-abundance of depth.  This is a far more likely scenario than the asst manager of a national team that also has little depth vetoing any promising players on the basis that they are coming from the wrong club dontchathink? That just sounds ridiculous to me, can you honestly imagine that Strachan would tolerate for a second his assistant being so fucking petty?  I've heard Gordon Strachan being described as many things but never as a man that suffer fools lightly.  Cmon guys we're not fucking celtic fans, lets stop being paranoid.

This  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...