Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jon Brookes

CtS

Rip in peace. The Charlatans are one of my favourite bands.

:(

My favourite band and he was my favourite Charlatan. Great drummer and great bloke.

They brought out a DVD this summer called Mountain Picnic Blues and it has a documentary of the making of Tellin' Stories and the Tellin' Stories gig they played at the Barras last year. His playing on Get On It and Sproston Green is amazing and he always drove their live performances. Would urge you to get it if you don't already have it.

Lovely obituary/tribute in the Times on Friday by Tim Burgess. Said that from the minute he saw Jon play drums he knew he was one of the best drummers in the world... he saw him play one month ago when Jon was very ill and that opinion was exactly the same. He supposedly had written a couple of songs while he was ill too so I hope The Charlatans carry on and get these songs out to their fans. People don't realise that Jon wrote a lot of their stuff - he wrote How High, for example and a big chunk of One To Another - so hopefully we get to hear the last songs he wrote.