Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Strachan - new Scotland manager

dave_min

Reasonably happy with that if true. Should boost crowd at Pittodrie next month.

Not sure it'll boost the crowd much but agree with your first sentence.  I have no reason to believe that he won't play a more positive style of football as Scotland manager.  Time to give him all our support.

Who would you prefer?

Difficult to say mate.

Think we could do worse than Billy Stark if I'm honest.

Only part of my lack of excitement however is down to the fact it's Strachan, and the other part just a general sense of lack of interest in the national team brought about by one disappointment after another. The last time I can recollect any real pride in my national team was returning home from '74 World Cup as the only undefeated team in the competiton.

It's safe to say he failed his interview convincingly in Luxembourg.

Fair point Dave, still would rather have seen him get it that Wee Chesney.

Pound to a penny, he attempts his hunourous and arrogant style at said press conference. Anyway putting all of that aside, if it is him, so be it and hope it works out, just simply can't get excited about the prospect

“I am extremely proud to be appointed as Scotland National Coach. There is a considerable challenge ahead in the World Cup qualifying campaign but we can take those first steps towards addressing that in the double header against Wales at Hampden and the visit to Serbia in March.

“Next month’s match against Estonia will give me an opportunity to assess the squad and, of course, it will be an unforgettable experience walking out as Scotland National Coach at Pittodrie, a stadium that holds many special memories as a player.

“I can assure the supporters that I will do everything in my power to make sure we have a national team we can all be proud of and one that, in time, can experience the excitement of participating in a major championship finals once again.”