Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

january transfer window 2013

How likely are we do you think to be making any signings this january?

Key positions needing addressed are still Rb and GK imo.  A new striker would be good too as vernon has really struggled this year, would love someone like Jamie Murphy from motherwell but thats never going to happen.  Richard Brittain from county would be a great addition as well

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suspect there will need to be departures before there is any chance of anybody coming in.

Agreed. I think it will be a very quiet January transfer window at Pittodrie. Would like to see a RB and another striker arrive but very much doubt it will happen. Perhaps a couple of loan deals with the parent club picking up the wage is more realistic? If we have a chance to move a few on then we should take the chance.

Key positions needing addressed are still Rb and GK imo.

You thinking as a back up for Langfield? In watching him this year (albeit sparingly as I am on the wrong side of the atlantic) he seems to be doing well in goals.

RB ... well you can never have too much defending.

Still think more fire power up front is the need. Derosario from DC United would be my target.

You thinking as a back up for Langfield? In watching him this year (albeit sparingly as I am on the wrong side of the atlantic) he seems to be doing well in goals.

RB ... well you can never have too much defending.

Still think more fire power up front is the need. Derosario from DC United would be my target.

Langfield is doing well at the minute but don't let that fool you, he still isn't good enough. We need to be looking for someone that will rival Langfield and possibly become No. 1, not just as cover for Clangers.

I don't know also if you're debating as to whether we actually need a RB but I think most would agree that it's a position we need to fill. Okay, Jack coming back will be a massive boost but Magennis is not the answer and a centre back playing as a right back always looks akward and not the answer either.

Signing players on pre-contracts would be a boost but the chances of players signing up early rather than waiting for an offer in the summer is virtually zero IMO.

Shinnie and Mackay are both on frees I think.

David Wotherspoon also approachable in Jan.

All good players that I'd like to see at Pittodrie, Mackay could certainly light a fire under Vernon.  Personally unsure if Wotherspoon is realistic though, his star is rising and I see him moving to OF or down south if and when he moves.  Certainly worth an enquiry though, we should be taking a punt on good Scottish talent.

Langfield is doing well at the minute but don't let that fool you, he still isn't good enough. We need to be looking for someone that will rival Langfield and possibly become No. 1, not just as cover for Clangers.

How good is Danny Rogers?  It seems to me that we don't at all treat our reserve keepers well here.  Wouldn't it be worth giving him a run out in the League at some point - if he's a competent keeper, what's the worst that could happen - he drops one anc chucks it in?  I'm by no means a Langfield-basher, quite the opposite in fact, but we all know he's just as capable of doing that.  Try out Rogers in a home game against Dundee or St Mirren, let him save us some money.

All good players that I'd like to see at Pittodrie, Mackay could certainly light a fire under Vernon.  Personally unsure if Wotherspoon is realistic though, his star is rising and I see him moving to OF or down south if and when he moves.  Certainly worth an enquiry though, we should be taking a punt on good Scottish talent.

How good is Danny Rogers?  It seems to me that we don't at all treat our reserve keepers well here.  Wouldn't it be worth giving him a run out in the League at some point - if he's a competent keeper, what's the worst that could happen - he drops one anc chucks it in?  I'm by no means a Langfield-basher, quite the opposite in fact, but we all know he's just as capable of doing that.  Try out Rogers in a home game against Dundee or St Mirren, let him save us some money.

This is why I'd love to see a group stage to the league cup, it'd give at least a couple of competitive games perfect for giving a young keeper a run out. Also why a winter break - with small friendly tournament somewhere warm against decent sides would be a good idea to see how the fringe players have developed since the start of the season.

Looks like we've offered Reynolds a 3 year deal after Sheff Wed gave us permission to discuss terms.

Rumours on twitter that we're trying to sign a defender, seems the papers are running with it tomorrow.

Mark Reynolds - AFC have permission to speak to him about a permanent contract and Afc have offered him a three year deal (Express)

Aye, getting Reynolds on a permanent deal would be a great boost. Has always impressed me and has been rock solid this season. Have to say though, the defence is looking like the best part of our team! Anderson, Considine (who has improved magnificently), Reynolds, Naysmith, Jack, Robertson and Shaugnessy (sp) who both look excellent prospects.