Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Spurs fans attacked in Rome

mizer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4658802/tottenham-fans-stabbed-rome-lazio-ultras.html

A SPURS fan was fighting for his life today after being stabbed when 100 masked thugs smashed up a Rome bar ahead of tonight's game against Lazio.

Police identified him as Ashley Mills.

Reports in the Italian capital named fellow Tottenham supporters Dave Lesley, Stephen Tierney and Christopher Allen as also being injured when notorious Ultras hooligans desended on the Drunken Ship.

Italian newspaper La Repubblica reported scenes of “urban warfare” shortly after 1am in the tourist hotspot of Campo de Fiori. A spokesman for the mayor’s office said the attack was “obviously organised”.

The violence erupted as Spurs fans enjoyed a drink ahead of the club's Europa League game. Photographs show the pub wrecked with pools of blood on streets outside.

The Lazio fans were armed with knives, baseball bats, broken bottles and knuckle dusters as they attacked the Brits and destroyed the bar. Up to ten people were injured.

One witness told the paper: “We feared the worst.”

A spokesman for Tottenham said: "Three of these supporters were taken to hospital for further treatment. We continue to seek further information and are liaising with both Italian and UK police on this matter.”

It is believed police made some arrests at the scene and recovered at least one knife.

Italian daily Corriere Della Sera reported several injured men between the ages of 20 and 60 were taken to three Rome hospitals.

Three Middlesbrough fans were stabbed in the same pub when they were in the city for a Uefa cup match in 2006.

The area is known for its colourful food market and nightlife.

Rome--620e_1624717a.jpg

Sounds fucking terrifying. I'm not sure whether I would ever travel to Rome if Aberdeen were playing there based on their record -

• 1984: Liverpool fans stabbed by Roma supporters after European Cup Final
  • 2001: Liverpool supporters stabbed in buttocks
  • 2006: Middlesbrough fans attacked, again involving buttock slashing
  • 2007: Manchester United fans face similar attacks on two separate occasions
  • 2009: Man Utd fans attacked again by locals
  • Nov 2012: Italian fans attack Spurs supporters

There's no danger of me passing on a Dons (away) game at Lazio, much in the same way I wouldn't miss Red Star Belgrade (away).

Would certainly be keeping my wits about me the whole time though!!

According to the EE, the 'Spurs' fan who was stabbed was actually a Dons fan fae Aberdeen.

There's no danger of me passing on a Dons (away) game at Lazio, much in the same way I wouldn't miss Red Star Belgrade (away).

Would certainly be keeping my wits about me the whole time though!!

According to the EE, the 'Spurs' fan who was stabbed was actually a Dons fan fae Aberdeen.

What if they were at (home)? BBQ?