Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland Squad for Wales/Belgium

Stewart

Charlie Adam (Stoke City) 

Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Steven Fletcher (Sunderland)

James Forrest (Celtic)

Daniel Fox (Southampton)

Matt Gilks (Blackpool)

Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers)

Alan Hutton (Aston Villa)

James McArthur (Wigan Athletic)

Allan McGregor (Besiktas)

Jamie Mackie (Queens Park Rangers)

Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic)

David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Russell Martin (Norwich City)

Kenny Miller (Vancouver Whitecaps)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic)

Steven Naismith (Everton)

Matt Phillips (Blackpool)

Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers)

Robert Snodgrass (Norwich City)

Andy Webster (Heart of Midlothian)

Good to see the return of Darren Fletcher at last.

Obviously Steven Fletcher will split opinion but i'm happy to see him there.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think desperate is an inappropriate description, Levein is on a sticky wicket and he knows it.  Fletcher has been banging them in the english top flight for diddy teams (comparatively speaking) for the past two seasons and now is doing even better for team that is not tipped for relegation, his reputation is only being enhanced and he has nothing to prove to anyone.  As such its highly unlikely that this recall was initiated by Fletcher,  If he want's to keep his job he needs points on the board and getting Fletcher back in the squad will have involved Levein eating a big ol slice of humble pie which implies desperation on his part.

I don't think desperate is an inappropriate description, Levein is on a sticky wicket and he knows it.  Fletcher has been banging them in the english top flight for diddy teams (comparatively speaking) for the past two seasons and now is doing even better for team that is not tipped for relegation, his reputation is only being enhanced and he has nothing to prove to anyone.  As such its highly unlikely that this recall was initiated by Fletcher,  If he want's to keep his job he needs points on the board and getting Fletcher back in the squad will have involved Levein eating a big ol slice of humble pie which implies desperation on his part.

Aye, but Kenny Miller will still start up front by himself.

Why do you think having Fletcher called up will split opinion? Coming to think of it I can't even remember how/why him and Avril fell oot.

I think he publicly criticised our uber-negative tactics against the Czech Republic, then got dropped for the Spain match, so he told Avril to shove it up his arse.

Incidentally, I'm delighted he's back in the squad.  Fletcher's no World beater, but the amount of balls we put into the box against Serbia I'm sure he'd have got on the end of one.  It's what he does best.

And I think it's fair to say this is a desperate move from Levein, his position was under threat because the fans were turning on him, so he's had to bow to the pressure and pick a player he clearly has no time for.

I just hope Fletcher scores the winner next week, and they can all move on.

Why do you think having Fletcher called up will split opinion? Coming to think of it I can't even remember how/why him and Avril fell oot.

Some folk sided with Levein and some with Fletcher.

I reckon some will have wanted him to be kept out of squads permanently.

Some folk sided with Levein and some with Fletcher.

I reckon some will have wanted him to be kept out of squads permanently.

I don't know of one Scotland Football Club fan that actually wants Levein in charge. Those tactics used in Prague were unanimously condemned by near enough a'body. I hope everyone gets right behind Fletcher. If Levein wants the fans to back him he has to earn it. 

I don't know of one Scotland Football Club fan that actually wants Levein in charge. Those tactics used in Prague were unanimously condemned by near enough a'body. I hope everyone gets right behind Fletcher. If Levein wants the fans to back him he has to earn it. 

^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Last throw of the dice by Avril

Excitement level still failing to register a one ::)

I don't think Fletcher would have agreed to be included if that was in any way a possibility

Although I hate Levein, its not up to Fletcher whether he starts or not, it's up to the manager.  Hopefully Levein sees sense and starts him.  Levein should welcome being in the squad, and hopefully selected to start on merit.

Although I hate Levein, its not up to Fletcher whether he starts or not, it's up to the manager.  Hopefully Levein sees sense and starts him.  Levein should welcome being in the squad, and hopefully selected to start on merit.

of course not I just can't see them kissing and making up unless Fletcher was given assurances that he would be 1st pick up front

This.

I'm starting to get quite excited by this game coming up now :)

The only thing i'm surprised about was Dixon missing. Was pretty livid when he was announced in the squad for the last double header, but thought he was a stand out in both games.

This.

I'm starting to get quite excited by this game coming up now :)

The only thing i'm surprised about was Dixon missing. Was pretty livid when he was announced in the squad for the last double header, but thought he was a stand out in both games.

Wasn't he a very late callup after a few injuries?

Wasn't he a very late callup after a few injuries?

Doesn't change the fact he had 2 excellent games.

How can Darren Fletcher be anything like fit enough to be included? Wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad.

Did he not manage 90 mins in Man Utd's last game? Either way, a half fit D.Fletch is 10x the midfielder Gary Caldwell is.

Steven Fletcher's a no-brainer. Glad Levein's so desperate that he's had to put his ego aside. Although that depends whether he actually plays him this time!

Can't see him starting.

It'll be Kenny Miller up top himself, which will lead to (At least) an hour of the crowd demanding he comes on, then he'll be brought on when it's too late to do anything.

Levein is ace.

Can't believe Hutton is still getting a call up though.

He hasn't played a game for Villa this season has he?

Not as far as I'm aware. I think he had a bust up with Lambert and has been exiled. Shocking decision to pick Hutton. Not only that, he has been woeful since his Spurs career went tits up. Forgotten how to defend and how to attack.