Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Who's replacing the Huns?

mizer

To be honest they should have a play off between dunfermline and Dundee. No other way of really deciding it fairly. At the other end of the football league, hopefully cove

It's the only fair way IMO. Although, like most Dons fans (selfishly) I'd prefer Dundee to Dumfermline.

Aye, a playoff.

But when do you schedule it?

What will the respective squads be if they STILL dinna know where they're going to play?

Do they get to use all the players that were under contract at the end of 2011/12? or can they sign new players in "the window" before the game and try to load up a team to win promotion? Most players will be on holiday....how match fit will they be for a game in, say, late July?

Actually the easiest, and possibly fairest, option would be to run one season as SPL 11 and rejig the fixtures accordingly. (I'm sure any basic computer programme could do this, or at least some geek with a basic understanding of game theory). then it's one down TWO up. SPL 2013/14 reverts to 12. EASY!

Actually the easiest, and possibly fairest, option would be to run one season as SPL 11 and rejig the fixtures accordingly. (I'm sure any basic computer programme could do this, or at least some spazzy geek with a basic understanding of game theory). then it's one down TWO up. SPL 2013/14 reverts to 12. EASY!

Not gonna happen.

The clubs are already moaning about getting less TV money, anything that results in less gate money too is a non-starter.

To be honest they should have a play off between dunfermline and Dundee. No other way of really deciding it fairly. At the other end of the football league, hopefully cove

Can't have a playoff now for the reasons MBT pointed out regarding changes to the squads.

It should really be Dunfermline in my opinion, they played in a league last year where one team cheated for the duration. Had the huns been chucked out last season which was a possibility had all this kicked off earlier, there would have been no relegation.

In saying that, I'd prefer Dundee back in too.

I'm sure in englandshire where teams have been relegated for cheating it is always a team from the division below that is promoted. If I remember right, when Swindle were relegated to the third Sunderland were promoted to the first and Tranmere to the second.

Dundee for me. Always hated that cunt Yorkston.

I would like dundee too, your logic is sound on Yorkston as well.  You could also add the footballing reasons of they have been playing some nice stuff under Pressley and i'm curious to see how he does in the spl.  Regardless of how unpopular he was as a player its been hard to argue with anything he has said about the development of the Scottish game, I always thought he was a bit of an idiot................... pretty much because of his monotonous style speech.   

I would like dundee too, your logic is sound on Yorkston as well.  You could also add the footballing reasons of they have been playing some nice stuff under Pressley and i'm curious to see how he does in the spl.  Regardless of how unpopular he was as a player its been hard to argue with anything he has said about the development of the Scottish game, I always thought he was a bit of an idiot................... pretty much because of his monotonous style speech. 

Elvis is at Falkirk

Seems apparent that Spartans and cove Rangers would apply to join the league should ibrox fc get the complete boot.

However one of the many problems (as I see it anyway) with Scottish football is too many clubs close to each other.

Does Aberdeen really need another league club?

Given how successful Meadowbank thistle were does Edinburgh really need a 3rd league club?

If it is to be a highland league club I would be rather see someone like Brora Rangers, Wick Academy, Fort William just to space the game out. Wishful thinking I know especially given the road and public transport infrastructure to reach these places not to mention the extreme weather but imagine an away trip to Wick? Perhaps the best option would be to actually fly there

Fort William are gash! Pitch is flooded and unplayable 8 months of the year. Canna get players cos they'd rather play shinty.

Wick? Love to see it, but too far away.

Cove? Unlikely til Loriston is "sorted"

I'd bank on the best option coming from East of Scotland league, or Juniors.