Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Neil Doncaster

As far as I can see, Neil Doncaster is about as uselful as a chocolate teapot, and far less appealing.

Who on earth appointed this empty suit, and what would it take to get rid of the guy? Does any one individual have the power to sack him? It surely can't be the SPL board, as he's a member of that.

IMO opinion he should have resigned and fucked off back down south after the '10 team SPL is the only option' farce.

• 5 years later...

Old thread but no need for a new one regardless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43390627

Whatever you think of the man this is an interesting development.  No mention of him resigning so it's hard not to assume that he is continuing as SPFL CE so we now have a situation where the official voice of the senior clubs of Scotland is now on the board of the SFA.  Not sure how to feel about this, I agree with the masses that I think the question of why are there 2 governing bodies and, given that don't seem to work very well together, should that be the case?  This would seem a step in the right direction but it's Doncaster..... he's such a fucking bean counter...... but, then, that kind of attitude might have a positive effect on bringing the SFA into the 21st century.  :dunno: :dunno:

Old thread but no need for a new one regardless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43390627

Whatever you think of the man this is an interesting development.  No mention of him resigning so it's hard not to assume that he is continuing as SPFL CE so we now have a situation where the official voice of the senior clubs of Scotland is now on the board of the SFA.  Not sure how to feel about this, I agree with the masses that I think the question of why are there 2 governing bodies and, given that don't seem to work very well together, should that be the case?  This would seem a step in the right direction but it's Doncaster..... he's such a fucking bean counter...... but, then, that kind of attitude might have a positive effect on bringing the SFA into the 21st century.  :dunno: :dunno:

We need to get this smug git away from Scottish Football altogether.

I have no idea what he has done for the good of our game.

Because they are a bean counters, they are constantly looking at it from a financial perspective.  To these folks letting them straight back up was the correct thing to do from a business point of view.  I know from a friend who was in the room at the time of the vote that every single club in the top flight, Celtic included, wanted sevco to start life in the top flight but they knew they couldn't get away with it re fan repercussions.  Leanne Dempster was near in tears when she submitted the Motherwell against vote apparently.  Business's hate change and the unknown yet ironically they are often the best entities to respond to such change. 

This is all beside the point though.  Doncaster is still CE of the SPFL (and  looking pretty safe in the job) and now on the Board of Directors of the SFA.  What you think of him for previous offences doesn't make any change to the fact that this is an interesting development in the grand scheme of things.

The SFA's decision to bring Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster onto its board is a "shocking appointment", believes ex-St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour."I think it shows a real lack of leadership in this day and age when we are supposed to be having new visions and new ways forward.

"Neil's integrity with supporters is so low, it is unbelievable. I just can't believe the SFA board members would appoint Neil to come onto their board. I take it he has been co-opted on at this time of year, as no-one else has voted for this."I think it is a dreadful appointment. I don't think it shows any way forward for Scottish football, any new broom. We keep getting told things are going to change. I really do think it is a poor appointment."

Agree with all of this statement from Gilmour.

Doncaster should have gone like his SFA counterpart Stewart Regan.

Scottish football will never move on until we have a clean slate across the board.

Angry SPFL chiefs have exposed a desperate plot to change the balance of power in the ongoing war between the SFA and the league.A day of back-door dealing was sparked by Partick Thistle’s Ian Maxwell resigning his spot on the main SFA board to pursue his bid to replace flop Stewart Regan as CEO. The SPFL eventually put forward chief executive Neil Doncaster to replace Maxwell.With a host of the SFA’s sponsorships and commercial deals lapsed, and no TV deal in place for the Scottish Cup next season, the clubs want major change at Hampden.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-war-hibs-look-12205312?utm_source=google_news&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=google_news&utm_content=sitemap

This has to be the time that the clubs stand up and be counted against the powers to be .