Author Topic: DT Politics Thread  (Read 60337 times)

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -16
Re: DT Politics Thread
« Reply #640 on: April 07, 2018, 09:12:56 PM »
Guardian reporting £50m has been lined up to create a new centrist political party.

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 30
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #641 on: April 07, 2018, 09:26:47 PM »
Guardian reporting £50m has been lined up to create a new centrist political party.

This lot?
http://www.thecentristparty.com/

I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Looking for Gift to inspire a female relative working in a male dominated environment?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maggie-Georgopoulos/e/B072XFYNNL/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 49
« Reply #642 on: April 07, 2018, 09:31:20 PM »
So basically a party for lefty tories and labour voters that don't like Corbyn.  If it takes off I can see coalitions becoming the norm.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -60
« Reply #643 on: April 07, 2018, 10:29:09 PM »
As predicted by yours truly 18 months ago.

Took their bloody time.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #645 on: April 08, 2018, 05:43:09 PM »
The Tories are split, with the ultra right in full control. The question is, can you trust a Tory to be decent at heart.
Indeed, is it possible for a Tory to have a heart.
The good thing is that it would take very few of them to defect to bring down the government.

Labour is more difficult to understand. The party has great access to finance and nobody wants to be the faction that breaks away from the money.
I really really don't trust Corbyn, he thinks that achieving power is far more important than anything else.
He's not to be trusted regarding Europe, he's a little Englander at heart.
I hope he blushes when he sings the international.

My main worry about a centre party is that Tony Blair is involved.

However I'd even put up with him to remain in the European Union.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #646 on: April 23, 2018, 07:08:22 PM »
Anybody read Polly Toynbee in the Guardian today?

Fun and games in the Scotland v England fishing wars to come.

This sort of story is just so f'uckin typical.

Pack it in England, just accept that you get to be a major player and don't need to be the boss all the time.

Offline RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 66
« Reply #647 on: April 27, 2018, 08:06:28 AM »
Worth a listen. Wasn't a massive of fan of his stuff from a comedic point of view (although the occasional one was very good), for a while he seemed to replace humour with swearing. However, not much wrong with this interview, and such an important message:

https://www.channel4.com/news/ways-to-change-the-world-a-new-channel-4-news-podcast-tom-walker-aka-jonathan-pie

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 30
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #648 on: April 29, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Looking for Gift to inspire a female relative working in a male dominated environment?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maggie-Georgopoulos/e/B072XFYNNL/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

Offline Ramperbamper

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #649 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:42 AM »
Worth a listen. Wasn't a massive of fan of his stuff from a comedic point of view (although the occasional one was very good), for a while he seemed to replace humour with swearing. However, not much wrong with this interview, and such an important message:

https://www.channel4.com/news/ways-to-change-the-world-a-new-channel-4-news-podcast-tom-walker-aka-jonathan-pie

He's getting it in the neck on Twitter around racism and offence culture.

Unfairly so, in my view.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -156
« Reply #650 on: November 15, 2018, 11:56:00 PM »
Over the last 25 years or so, I'll have seen over 90% of the Question Times. We even went to one about 10 years ago in St Andrews.

I've got an opinion on Dimblebum. Wonder if anyone else agrees?

Particularly noticeable in the last year, he's becoming a right arse.

I don't know if it's familiarity breeding contempt or whether it's his longevity making him feel like Erchie, bolstered by his obvious relationships in the real world with some of his panels. Whatever it is, he's become a right cunt, an irritable and intolerant pig who's got to make his control mechanisms the biggest dramas. Horrible establishment guffy wank.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #651 on: November 16, 2018, 09:10:09 PM »
He is definitely more opinionated but he is retiring from Question Time at Xmas so only a few weeks left to put up with him.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -16
« Reply #652 on: November 22, 2018, 09:19:23 PM »
In his day Dimbleby was brilliant at managing a debate.

Looks like Fiona Bruce has got the gig.

Offline RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #653 on: January 28, 2019, 11:42:40 AM »
Sooo, Venezuala.

“Any violence and intimidation against US diplomatic personnel, Venezuela’s democratic leader, Juan Guiado (sic), or the National Assembly itself would represent a grave assault on the rule of law and will be met with a significant response,” Bolton said in a Twitter post on Sunday

The old Obama chemical weapons red-line again. You can kill as many of your own citizens as you like, but touch our puppet and you're fucking dead. Luckily all other American interventions in the South of that continent have been a roaring success that championed the people.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #654 on: January 28, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »
Sooo, Venezuala.

The old Obama chemical weapons red-line again. You can kill as many of your own citizens as you like, but touch our puppet and you're fucking dead. Luckily all other American interventions in the South of that continent have been a roaring success that championed the people.

Yeah, democracy, fuck yeah!

This is a rhetorical question, but I honestly don't know why countries are fawning over the US to try and appease them.  This has nothing to do with them. It wouldn't surprise me that their foreign policy has directly impacted Venezuela. As you say, the yanks have a rich history on the continent. Nothing will possibly go wrong...

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #655 on: February 08, 2019, 07:23:24 PM »
Wonder how the NE Tories are feeling about that horrible little cunt Ross Thomson being outed as a weirdo pervert?

Offline bearsdenred

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 12
« Reply #656 on: February 09, 2019, 08:43:51 AM »
So with the media and politicians (SNP) that have been hounding the tories on contract awards for brexit, have now done a u turn and cancelled the contract with seaborne ferry farce.

Hope the politicans keep checking every single contract " awarded" for anything to do with breixt.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-firm-with-no-ships-has-ferries-contract-cancelled-11632176

Labour says the decision to terminate Seaborne Freight's deal shows Transport Secretary Chris Grayling "is not up to the job".

I would actually have said, Chris grayling is corrupt and not up to the job, and an immediate investigation on the process to be taken to court if any corruption has taken place.

The Bribery Act creates four prime offences:

Two general offences covering the offering promising or giving of an advantage, and requesting, agreeing to receive or accepting of an advantage;
A discrete offence of bribery of a foreign public official ; and
A new offence of failure by a commercial organisation to prevent a bribe being paid to obtain or retain business or a business advantage (should an offence be committed it will be a defence that the organisation has adequate procedures in place to prevent bribery).The Bribery Act creates four prime offences:

Two general offences covering the offering promising or giving of an advantage, and requesting, agreeing to receive or accepting of an advantage;
A discrete offence of bribery of a foreign public official ; and
A new offence of failure by a commercial organisation to prevent a bribe being paid to obtain or retain business or a business advantage (should an offence be committed it will be a defence that the organisation has adequate procedures in place to prevent bribery).

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #657 on: February 09, 2019, 08:53:27 AM »
Unfortunately the Bribery laws are circumvented, ignored and flouted by the Tory establishment. Blair also is a corrupt cunt and took "new Labour" down the same dirty road, one that he continues to run down.

Grayling, like Hammond, Mundell, Davis and all of them are specific individuals. They are non-Alpha males, they are public schooled, they are arselickers and they are in politics for themselves, not for the people, in breach of their job descriptions. And yet middle England and the NE of Scotland voted these cunts in? That's unfathomable to me. As a wifie said in QT from Motherwell on Thursday, the timing is ripe for a brand new party.

Offline bearsdenred

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 12
« Reply #658 on: February 09, 2019, 09:38:34 AM »
has farage not created the " The brexit Party " just recently.   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #659 on: February 18, 2019, 11:09:46 AM »
Chukka and friends resign to create new new labour. A new type of politics for the 21st century, leaving Labour as the only remaining no-jews-allowed party. A great day for politics. A new beginning.