Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

"Ryanair" style ticket pricing.

Just introduced by Hearts but wonder if we shall see it at Pittodrie?

From the Season Ticket Q&A on the Hearts Club Website

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120320/bseason-tickets-qab_2257176_2685496

What is dynamic pricing?

Dynamic pricing is designed to maximise the revenue achieved from sales and allows companies to price products and services appropriately. This, in turn, contributes positively to the financial position of the business.

Dynamic pricing is part of our everyday lives in a modern consumer environment and we currently buy many things in this way such as airline tickets, concert tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms, holiday packages, etc.

Why has Hearts decided to use dynamic pricing?

Hearts are following similar models used by football teams across Europe and other sporting organisations, most notably in the US, in order to generate maximum ticket revenue while also, as importantly, giving supporters an opportunity to buy cheaper season tickets (dependent on when you buy)

The club have made the decision based on the requirement to meet European Financial Fair Play criteria and ensure Hearts can compete in Europe while also running a self-sustainable business. It is crucial that the club becomes self-financing and the club has made very good progress in recent years in working towards this aim. This will protect the club in the long term.

How long will I have to buy at the cheapest price?

This cannot be forecast as it very much depends on demand. It is clear however that the earlier buyers will gain the biggest savings.

It is also worth noting that from the launch, every single adult ticket for every one of our four zones - platinum, gold, silver, bronze - is at a lower price than last year's launch prices.

How often will the prices change?

Prices will change when certain sales targets are reached in terms of numbers of season tickets sold.

How much will prices increase?

This again will depend on demand.

Good to see how this one turns out.

The mixture of "Ryanair" style pricing and print-at-home tickets  could be a very good thing.

If sitting at work I could pay a tenner then print out a ticket for the St. Mirren game in 4 weeks time I wouldn't think twice.

Might be shite mind.

Bye bye walk through the door punters and the whole of the Roseburn stand will have to be reserved for away fans to ensure the same prices are paid.

I dont see why the roseburn would need to be reserved for away fans

Just set the allocation, stick the word out to the away team that their fans can now buy online from hearts or even from their own teams ticket office at the same prices (increasing every week)

Walk the the door punters would pay the same price they do now so why would the fact you can get a ticket cheaper if you book it weeks in advance make them say 'ah fuck it im not going now I have to pay an extra x amount of cash?

It hasnt stopped people using the train or air travel, its just made them more savvy in how they save cash. You suddenly decide you want to travel somewhere you accept it will cost you an arm and a leg

Ive suggested this type of system several times so i will be very interested to see how it turns out.

I dont see why the roseburn would need to be reserved for away fans

Just set the allocation, stick the word out to the away team that their fans can now buy online from hearts or even from their own teams ticket office at the same prices (increasing every week)

Walk the the door punters would pay the same price they do now so why would the fact you can get a ticket cheaper if you book it weeks in advance make them say 'ah fuck it im not going now I have to pay an extra x amount of cash?

It hasnt stopped people using the train or air travel, its just made them more savvy in how they save cash. You suddenly decide you want to travel somewhere you accept it will cost you an arm and a leg

Ive suggested this type of system several times so i will be very interested to see how it turns out.

Interesting to see what the SPL have to say about it though. Home fans in the same stand (does it not apply to equivalent stands too i.e the one opposite seeing as it's the same view and same facilities?) have to pay the same as away fans. Yeah Hearts will argue that tickets go on sale at the same time to those away fans but it just wont work that way.

As for the scheme itself, I can see it having a negative effect on attendances. Football is already overpriced and as soon as the prices go up over what they would normally be fans will think fuck it I'll try for a different match meaning Hearts will effectively be capping their own attendances (at a level below capacity - with no or very little fans paying more than they are now).

Im a bit confused here

Have hearts said the final prices will be more than they currently are?

Im seeing this prices start at say £10 and finally end up back at their current £24 on match day

The implication from a couple of folk is the walk up price would end up something like £30 or more. If it is the case then yes it would be disasterous for attendances

Perhaps im nieve but I really cant see people deciding 'fuck it im not going today because I didnt buy my ticket 3 weeks ago and now it will cost the same as it did last season'

Im a bit confused here

Have hearts said the final prices will be more than they currently are?

Im seeing this prices start at say £10 and finally end up back at their current £24 on match day

The implication from a couple of folk is the walk up price would end up something like £30 or more. If it is the case then yes it would be disasterous for attendances

Perhaps im nieve but I really cant see people deciding 'fuck it im not going today because I didnt buy my ticket 3 weeks ago and now it will cost the same as it did last season'

Hearts have brought it in to "generate maximum ticket revenue" and make them a self-sustainable business. i.e it's a rise in prices well disguised.

As Jager said it's only for season tickets, but I was replying to the idea it could come in for matchday tickets.