Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Suarez

Kowalski

8 match ban.

IMHO it is up to clubs to educate their players on cultural differences when they have transferred from another country/continent, so this is Liverpools fault.

However, will Terry get the same sentence?  ::)

EDIT:

Suarez: "Today is a very difficult and painful day for both me and my family. Thanks for all the support, I'll keep working!"

Liverpool: "We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act."

Have the FA got it wrong?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cynical cunt in me thinks the following

Its a shocking decision even more so for the fact its so political.  The FA statement makes it very clear they expect an appeal.  They expect this because they know they have not much of a case when its one persons word against another. Thing is by giving this sentence they send a message to fifa about their stand on racism.  "this is the punishment we give out mr blatter, bit more fit for the crime than just shaking hands"  they can bellow whilst basically telling suarez in whispered tones to appeal immediately.  Suarez can very easily win his appeal or at least get the sentence greatly reduced due to lack of evidence and potentially doesn't miss a game but  the FA still get to say fuck you to sepp because they have shown what they will do in the case of conviction.

Ridiculous decision. Aye he called him a negro and there's no place in football for that but I can think of far worse slurs. Like, oh I don't know, Black cunt? There's no danger of JT getting a similar punishment. Despite the fact there's video evidence of what he says and other players heard it. Evra's word alone should not be the basis of such a hefty ban. I actually find it hard to believe that that's genuinely all the "evidence" they have. Provided there was solid proof a two game bad would have sufficed for use of the word "negro".

Free Suarez!

Ridiculous decision. Aye he called him a negro and there's no place in football for that but I can think of far worse slurs. Like, oh I don't know, Black cunt? There's no danger of JT getting a similar punishment. Despite the fact there's video evidence of what he says and other players heard it. Evra's word alone should not be the basis of such a hefty ban. I actually find it hard to believe that that's genuinely all the "evidence" they have. Provided there was solid proof a two game bad would have sufficed for use of the word "negro".

Free Suarez!

Spectacular shite this.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty damning evidence.  Liverpool's immediate reaction when the 8 game ban was announced now looks pretty stupid.

A decent summary of the findings here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/31/luis-suarez-patrice-evra-racism-verdict1

Liverpool have been run by a succession of clowns for ages now. who's their pr/media relations person?? absolutely astonishing.

Jesus. Damned if they do and damned if they don't!

They've made the correct decision not to appeal. Not sure what you guys want?

I'm sure Luis will learn from this.

Now it's up to the FA to ensure that all similar current and future cases are dealt with with an equally harsh punishment.

Think the main reason behind them not appealing is currently ban will only cover two EPL games against Stoke and Bolton while the rest of the games will be FA and League cup. If they appealed could well mean him missing games against the bigger sides if they failed.