Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Guest ullevi83

Dream on for 3rd, we have been grinding it out for too long.  If we ever ever ever want to move on from where we are, we have to see the weaknesses in the team.  Clark out, Dempsey out, Foster out, Byrne out, Miller out.  Clear the deadwood!!

We just didn't show up today - the usual reliable defence let us down today, a rare occurance and a rampant Rangers took full advantage. Lets not go too overboard about todays result.

It is more frustrating because it is against THEM but we have to think long term. I'll be happy if we keep grinding out results and keeping hearts off our tails to secure 3rd place.

Hearts humping and imminent collapse softened todays blow somewhat - still disappointing though.

1991 ffs.  >:(

Guest ragnarok

Dream on for 3rd, we have been grinding it out for too long.  If we ever ever ever want to move on from where we are, we have to see the weaknesses in the team.  Clark out, Dempsey out, Foster out, Byrne out, Miller out.  Clear the deadwood!!

Overreaction on donstalk shocker.

It may have escaped your notice that the side we are competing against for third had a far worse result than us today.

This is a sore one but we can bounce back. We have been grinding out results because that is what we are good at. It irritates me that people think this is down to 'luck'.

We just didn't show up today - the usual reliable defence let us down today, a rare occurance and a rampant Rangers took full advantage. Lets not go too overboard about todays result.

It is more frustrating because it is against THEM but we have to think long term. I'll be happy if we keep grinding out results and keeping hearts off our tails to secure 3rd place.

Hearts humping and imminent collapse softened todays blow somewhat - still disappointing though.

1991 ffs.  >:(

by far the most sensible take on todays events i've read so far

aye lets just calm down guys, over-reaction is not the way forward. As much as it pains me to say this Give the Huns credit, they've been on a bloody good run recently and went to the tattiebowl and won last week. If this was the result in the Ibrox game under Le Guen earlier in the season then some of the over-reaction could be understood but recently they've steadied the ship and got going, we got beaten, probably by a better team (I wasn't there but I'll make assumptions), maybe we didnt turn up and make a contest of it but at the end of the day we're pushing on for 3rd now, we've got 2 weeks off to regroup and then hopefully finish off the Jambos ASAP.

Guest swaddon
CONSIDINE MUST GO

Aye, because he's had a terrible season and we have so many other defenders just waiting to take his place. Let's make a list of them:

Zander Diamond

Lee Mair

::)

CONSIDINE MUST GO

Aye, because he's had a terrible season and we have so many other defenders just waiting to take his place. Let's make a list of them:

Zander Diamond

Lee Mair

Not saying we have a host of others to replace him, but in my opinion he is not good enough for first team football, at least not yet.

I would much rather have Zander in there.

Guest Johnny Mac

CONSIDINE MUST GO

Zander Diamond

Lee Mair

Not saying we have a host of others to replace him, but in my opinion he is not good enough for first team football, at least not yet.

Are you serious?

Zander is a liability!

He was shocking against motherwell last week, McDonald skinned him about 5 times.

Considine has had a fantastic season. Lad has been playing out his skin.

CONSIDINE MUST GO

Zander Diamond

Lee Mair

Are you serious?

Zander is a liability!

He was shocking against motherwell last week, McDonald skinned him about 5 times.

Although I agree about Considine.. I disagree about Zander. Zander's been reliable when called upon this season.

I think Considine's a fine player though and will only get better.

Considine has been very solid except for the games against Rangers this season. He is far more accomplished on the ball than Diamond and that serves him well in most of the games we play. However, he looks nervous whenever we play the Hun and the fact that Diamond seems to hate them as much as we do suggests he might well be better employed in the games against Rangers.

Guest Johnny Mac

Although I agree about Considine.. I disagree about Zander. Zander's been reliable when called upon this season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Zander is terrible. I think he's been a bit inconsistent recently and seems to be performing a bit under par (perhaps due to injuries etc).

I'm sure with a good pre-season under his belt (much like Touzani and Jamie/Dan Smith), we'll see a different player next season.

Considine has been very solid except for the games against Rangers this season. He is far more accomplished on the ball than Diamond and that serves him well in most of the games we play. However, he looks nervous whenever we play the Hun and the fact that Diamond seems to hate them as much as we do suggests he might well be better employed in the games against Rangers.

I think that's perhaps a fair point. Maybe Im being harsh on Considine, but I felt as if he cost us the home game against the Huns, and also Celtic at Parkhead.

Kris

Guest efan_ekoku

Overreaction on donstalk shocker.

It may have escaped your notice that the side we are competing against for third had a far worse result than us today.

This is a sore one but we can bounce back. We have been grinding out results because that is what we are good at. It irritates me that people think this is down to 'luck'.

I'm with you that this gentleman has completely overreacted and listed the usual scapegoats but would say that some of it has to be down to luck. We have had mixed luck this season. Couple of last minute goals against us but I'm sure we've had our fair bit of luck as well getting results when we shouldn't have. I'm still optimistic about finishing 3rd. 2nd was never realistic from the moment Le Guen got the dunt

Guest efan_ekoku

CONSIDINE MUST GO

Zander Diamond

Lee Mair

Are you serious?

Zander is a liability!

I think Considine's a fine player though and will only get better.

I don't see someone who is last man (Diamond) and tries skinning someone (Zemmama) only to be caught out and leave Hibs with a golden opportunity to score. Just think Zander needs to screw his head back on properly. Maybe this has happened since he's been out of the team for a decent spell and he'll probably start with Hart and Foster suspended.

considine has come on a heap this season and is holding his own. A no nonsense strong, tall centre half. Only thing he lacks is a bit of pace but that's not too much of a concern.