Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Are we gonna get any news songs for the new season?

I'm sick of all the Celtic fans singing their wet 'just can't get enough.'

We need to get behind the team next year and get bigger crowds back to Pittodrie!

Are we gonna get any news songs for the new season?

We could always start humming the theme tunes to North tonight or reporting scotland.

We need to get behind the team next year and get bigger crowds back to Pittodrie!

The team needs to start playing like actual footballers and not a bunch of little ned fucks who dont care what the fans think so long as they get their £1000 a week and prepubescent aberdonian tarts will suck them off in Soul or Espionage. The SPL needs to knock at least 25% off the ticket prices

Far as im concerned its up to the players and club to get the bigger crowds back at pittodrie. My days of blind faith cash shredding are over and I dont think im the only one.

We could always start humming the theme tunes to North tonight or reporting scotland.

The team needs to start playing like actual footballers and not a bunch of little ned fucks who dont care what the fans think so long as they get their £1000 a week and prepubescent aberdonian tarts will suck them off in Soul or Espionage. The SPL needs to knock at least 25% off the ticket prices

Far as im concerned its up to the players and club to get the bigger crowds back at pittodrie. My days of blind faith cash shredding are over and I dont think im the only one.

Very well said.  :thumbsup:

As negative as that post is, it's spot on.  :thumbsup:

Surely we can't ask the SPL to reduce ticket prices?

Other teams are able to bring in lots of fans, so should we.

Yes, we need the team to stop being arseholes, but what motivation are they going to have if the fans aren't even turning up?

Surely we can't ask the SPL to reduce ticket prices?

Other teams are able to bring in lots of fans, so should we.

Yes, we need the team to stop being arseholes, but what motivation are they going to have if the fans aren't even turning up?

The motivation to keep their jobs would be a good start. Less fans = less money for the club = less wages for them when it comes to contract re-negotiations or perhaps no contract at all and given the way they have been playing only a handful (Fyvie etc) might have anyone bigger than us sniffing about. The inevitable free transfer to montrose, brechin with a proper job on the side is a calling.

If the small firm I work for sat back and relied on the blind faith of our ever decreasing group of regular clients just giving us money for doing a half assed job then we'd have gone bust long ago. NO we had to get out there and seek new work, show what we could do and attract new business and investment. Our players are employess of the club and have as much responsibility for its well being as milne and Co

Scottish football is no different and this over reliance on television money and the fear our governing bodies seems to have that doing things that are good for our own domestic game will makes us look silly is going to be the death of it.

We need to accept our game is not what it used to be and start making the best of things instead of desperetly clinging onto the ankles of the spain, Germany, England etc

Don't you know about the VAT rise  ::)

I like these lyrics. All we need now is a tune.

• 6 years later...

To the tune of the Napoli tune (and Celtic's Kieran Tierney song).

He's our number three

Hates the Huns like you and me

The captain of Aberdeen

He's Graeme Shinnie

Oh Graeme Shinnie, Graeme Shinnie, Graeme Shinnie, Graeme shinnie.

There were only 83 of them but the visiting Apollon Limassol fans put us to shame in my opinion.

Home crowd was terrible that night imo. Too many passengers? Not sure, but given the size of the crowd, it was woeful compared to other euro nights I've been to. Always more fun being an away fan though  :thumbsup:

Our support in Groeningen was ace. We were being applauded by home fans. I'm not saying our support in't shite. It is. But it's a cultural thing. In the UK anything that brings atmosphere is clamped right down on. Every other country seems to have more fanatical supporters. Even in North America ffs sake.

To the tune of the Napoli tune (and Celtic's Kieran Tierney song).

He's our number three

Hates the Huns like you and me

The captain of Aberdeen

He's Graeme Shinnie

Oh Graeme Shinnie, Graeme Shinnie, Graeme Shinnie, Graeme shinnie.

Do love the napoli song, not sure the last bit works though. I quite like the ale ale ale bit.

Tyrant, that's what I meant, our away support is brilliant. I much prefer going to away games (apart from at Perth, that's pretty shit).

Our support in Groeningen was ace. We were being applauded by home fans. I'm not saying our support in't shite. It is. But it's a cultural thing. In the UK anything that brings atmosphere is clamped right down on. Every other country seems to have more fanatical supporters. Even in North America ffs sake.

Celtic, Hibs and Motherwell have no problem creating an atmosphere. If it's a cultural thing, then it's an Aberdonian thing.

Celtic, Hibs and Motherwell have no problem creating an atmosphere. If it's a cultural thing, then it's an Aberdonian thing.

Motherwell? They have a wee band of neds banging a drum in a corner. We had that in the Merkland end last season. Excuse me whilst the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Last time I was at Easter road there was simply no atmosphere even though they beat us. And if there's any atmosphere at Celtic Park (and it's a big if) then it's just down the the fact that it's a bigger grun than the others. Don't get me wrong.. I'm happy to generalise and say that Aberdonians are fucking wanks but I don't believe many other places in Scotland actually do have a good atmosphere.

What we do excel at, however, is whinging at and berating our own players. Also we're in the top percentile for moaning and/or groaning.

Motherwell? They have a wee band of neds banging a drum in a corner. We had that in the Merkland end last season. Excuse me whilst the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Last time I was at Easter road there was simply no atmosphere even though they beat us. And if there's any atmosphere at Celtic Park (and it's a big if) then it's just down the the fact that it's a bigger grun than the others. Don't get me wrong.. I'm happy to generalise and say that Aberdonians are fucking wanks but I don't believe many other places in Scotland actually do have a good atmosphere.

What we do excel at, however, is whinging at and berating our own players. Also we're in the top percentile for moaning and/or groaning.

The last time Hibs played Aberdeen at Easter Road was years ago for a start and they had a crap team fighting relegation. They easily outsung Aberdeen at the semi-final.

The variety of songs Celtic have these days - they seem to have a song for every player - eclipses what we have.

Nonsense to suggest these clubs don't create far better atmospheres than the Dons support currently.

There's a lack of awareness at the organisation that goes into the atmosphere at other grounds.

I've been at Motherwell lots of times when the Bois in the corner with a drum have outdone 2000 Aberdeen fans for nearly the whole game. Aberdeen end 90% sitting down and the other 10% running out of songs a minute in and 20 guys left trying to take the piss out of Motherwell. They can also muster 100 or 200 neds having a bounce for bigger games while our failed singing sections attract about 10 folk that barely sing.

St Johnstone have a very small group of about 50 who likewise can outdo our entire away support.

Rangers have a big group in a really shite area of the ground which doesn't catch on and can barely be heard, as this video shows how stadium design affects atmosphere

That Celtic take though is so far off. They are organised by a fearsomely big ultras group. You are right about it being clamped down on though. The police try to take down the Celtic group every opportunity they can.

Hibs - don't you remember them pissing all over our support at Hampden? They likewise have an organised group.

The Aberdeen support just doesn't have the mentality. Full of people that believe we'll be deducted points for using smokebombs and complaining to the club about anyone that acts too rowdy.

There's a lack of awareness at the organisation that goes into the atmosphere at other grounds.

I've been at Motherwell lots of times when the Bois in the corner with a drum have outdone 2000 Aberdeen fans for nearly the whole game. Aberdeen end 90% sitting down and the other 10% running out of songs a minute in and 20 guys left trying to take the piss out of Motherwell. They can also muster 100 or 200 neds having a bounce for bigger games while our failed singing sections attract about 10 folk that barely sing.

St Johnstone have a very small group of about 50 who likewise can outdo our entire away support.

Rangers have a big group in a really shite area of the ground which doesn't catch on and can barely be heard, as this video shows how stadium design affects atmosphere

That Celtic take though is so far off. They are organised by a fearsomely big ultras group. You are right about it being clamped down on though. The police try to take down the Celtic group every opportunity they can.

Hibs - don't you remember them pissing all over our support at Hampden? They likewise have an organised group.

The Aberdeen support just doesn't have the mentality. Full of people that believe we'll be deducted points for using smokebombs and complaining to the club about anyone that acts too rowdy.

All these ultras groups are young guys, teenagers. The Red Ultras were all older guys who were more concerned with flag displays. We need a young group who aren't arsed about catty comments from other fans at their chants and just get in with it. Likewise, they need some help and encouragement from the club. I don't agree the Green Brigade have been harshly treated by Celtic, it's only when they're getting the club fined for pyro and political banners, neither of which is needed.

I've said it before, the best fans group in Scotland right now are Hibs.

All these ultras groups are young guys, teenagers. The Red Ultras were all older guys who were more concerned with flag displays. We need a young group who aren't arsed about catty comments from other fans at their chants and just get in with it. Likewise, they need some help and encouragement from the club. I don't agree the Green Brigade have been harshly treated by Celtic, it's only when they're getting the club fined for pyro and political banners, neither of which is needed.

I've said it before, the best fans group in Scotland right now are Hibs.

You are right about the Red Ultras although they didn't all seem old in later years anyway. I remember most people actually said things like the older ones with the displays are sound but the young ones let them down, singing and letting off smokebombs and having an attitude which you obviously need to not be a kiddy joke that dies out in a few games like singing sections.

Hibs are nowhere near Celtic's level although they have good use of the drum at away venues and in concourses as shown. They were in that new East but have moved to the upper deck of the stand opposite the away fans this season where they'll have more space for their own thing. Could work or be as disastrous as when the Red Ultras moved to section Y.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8E9VN0DQb4

Our fanbase would shite itself at having a real group like the Green Brigade. Complaints to the club and snuffed out back to morgue silence.

The problem with our sections as well is they're normally a bit too young and don't have the character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

"To enhance the atmosphere we're going to wave some flags next to the tunnel."

What's worse, is I thought at least it was something for some kids to do, get on the pitch before a game. "Over 16s only".

http://bit.ly/2NpzM7d

On top of that. The guys from "the display team" say it was them that suggested it to the club, and rather than ask them to do it they've ignored them, announced the idea, and advertised for their own flag bearers!