Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Fraser Fyvie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hairdressing source telt me he was getting there slowly but on course for end of the season-ish. Said he was close to getting in the pool and on the bike.

Injuries such as these are never straight forward, but the wee man has the right attitude and hopefully sooner rather than later

thats horrific then

is there a chance that it could hinder him for the rest of his career then if it wasnt a "simple" injury?

Probably not but you never know, found out recently that you actually stand an increased risk of athritis after such ops, when that's likely to affect him fuck knows though most probably after he finishes playing. All depends on what was damaged and how badly, how well the surgery went, how good the surgeon is, how good the rehab is, how good the medics are, how good the mentality of the player is etc etc

• 3 months later...

Good news  :thumbsup:

Dons boost as Fyvie hits road to recovery

By Michael Gannon

Published: 30/03/2011

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown is hoping Fraser Fyvie can save the Dons a small fortune this summer by precluding the need to buy a new midfielder.

Fyvie, who was 18 on Sunday, is on the long road back from injury after rupturing a cruciate ligament in Aberdeen's League Cup third-round tie on Alloa's artificial pitch last August.

The Scotland youth international still has some way to go. He has been able to return to some light training, but he is not scheduled to rejoin the Dons squad until pre- season.

The midfielder was one of the few bright spots of last season and has been a miss this term. Brown, who arrived at Pittodrie last December, has witnessed very little of the playmaker, who last January became the youngest goalscorer in SPL history when he netted against Hearts at just 16 years and 10 months.

Brown said: “Fraser Fyvie is a player I have heard a lot of from people at the club. I only saw him in the flesh at the end of last season against St Mirren but I saw a lot of him on DVDs and read the reports.

“I was aware of his great achievement of scoring against Hearts. He is spoken about very highly at Aberdeen and it will be great to have him back for next season. It will be like the old cliche of having a new player.

“The same could be said for our other long-term injury absentees Darren Mackie and Yoann Folly. They will be like new signings.

“I am sure Fyvie could save the club a fair amount of money. With Ryan Jack doing so well, it will be exciting to have some very talented young players on the books."

Another promising youngster is on the mend in Peter Pawlett. The 19-year-old has been blighted by a wretched run of injury misfortune, with a broken toe and ankle trouble adding to previous hamstring and knee problems. He has been limited to just five starts this season and has not started since the 3-1 defeat at Dundee United last September.

But he has resumed training and is once more competing for a first-team role.

His timing could be apt, with Aberdeen without captain Paul Hartley out for this weekend's vital SPL trip to Motherwell and Brown facing limited midfield options.

Brown said: “Pawlett is taking part in full training again with the first-team squad. He has been very unfortunate with injuries but he is fit and in contention for a place.

“He has had injury problems but, hopefully, they are behind him."

Brown also hopes defender David McNamee's injury problems are behind him but he remains a doubt for Saturday's encounter at Fir Park, with centre back Zander Diamond serving a suspension.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2202095?UserKey=#ixzz1I429q1fO

• 2 months later...

Id like to think that would be a £1m switch that includes say Eidur Gudjohnsen or Mark Schwarzer coming north

But then again it is 'the mail'  ::)

Fyvie's injury problems are now behind him and Fulham are willing to pay £500,000 plus add-ons that will take the fee up to the seven-figure mark for the player who is under contract until 2013.

New Fulham boss Martin Jol is not directly involved in this move but has given it his blessing on the recommendation of his scouting department.

::)

Surely to christ the club should be looking to receive more than a paltry £500K for the best young prospect we've had in a over a decade. As far as I understood the average cost to get a player to the first team was £1 million, so this isn't even covering that cost.

That said, if true, good luck to the lad. I'm sure Fulham will be able to find the correct footwear for the correct surface for him.