Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/football/Sale-of-Rangers-FC-39will.6650410.jp

Sale of Rangers FC 'will go ahead by mid-January'

Published Date: 05 December 2010

By Tom English

A DEAL to sell Rangers Football Club to Scots venture capitalist Craig Whyte will go though by the middle of January, according to senior sources at the club.

Whyte, 39, met with Ibrox chairman Alastair Johnston in Glasgow to discuss the purchase of Sir David Murray's shareholding in the club.

The proposed £33 million deal will wipe out the existing debt that has stymied Rangers in the transfer market for two years.

Yesterday, sources at Rangers said the deal, barring any late hitches, could be completed before Christmas but it is more likely that it will be done by the middle of January. "We can't say with 100 per cent certainty, but Whyte has the money and is very convincing. We think the deal will happen," said the source.

Murray has presided over Rangers for 22 years but has been keen to sell his stake for some time.

Hopefully the debt thing is not true as that is what is holding them back at the moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Somebody's just told me Diouf has signed for Der Hun?

PMSL if this is true.

2040: DONE DEAL Up in Scotland, we are hearing that Rangers have signed El Hadji Diouf from Blackburn and defender Kyle Bartley on loan from Arsenal. Aberdeen, meanwhile, have signed former Rangers defender Steven Smith on loan until the end of the season, the 25-year-old making the switch from Norwich, but striker Andrius Velicka and defender Jerel Ifil are to leave the Pittodrie club.

Aye its amazing what a club with supposedly nae cash can put together.

Fuck off Smith. As per usual you have outspent 99% of the SPL. No money the plook on my arse.

I put this point to a hun I know and was informed that it was different though as youz dinna need onymare money. We hiv got ti challenge on four fronts and go for i league. Youz hiv only ti go for europe.

When I explained to him that this was utter horse shit and we would also like to spend big to win the league, the league cup and the Scottish cup as well as compete in Europe he looked incredulous that an aberdeen fan should get so far above his station. Seems the rest of the league should be happy with what we have got but god forbid one of the old firm spends so much money the banks decide it is unwise to let them rack up further debt that they will struggle to pay they pull the plug. Utter deluded fuck nuggets.

I think the whole set up within Scottish football is now set up so that the 80's will never happen again. We will get the occasional "provincial" (I fucking hate that term-would you call man u/city as provicial because they are not a london team. Would you fuck) cup win from hearts or unt. But what we wont get is a sustained season long challenge for the league as club finaces out with the old firm mean that other clubs dont have the strength of squad to plug gaps caused by injury and disciplinary absence. It will always be that a team such as hertz just now can keep it up for half a season then tail off.

The more i think about it like this, the more i think I want them to disappear into some half baked atlantic no-one gives a fuck league where the biggot brothers can essentially play each other to thier hearts content. 

I put this point to a hun I know and was informed that it was different though as youz dinna need onymare money. We hiv got ti challenge on four fronts and go for i league. Youz hiv only ti go for europe.

When I explained to him that this was utter horse shit and we would also like to spend big to win the league, the league cup and the Scottish cup as well as compete in Europe he looked incredulous that an aberdeen fan should get so far above his station. Seems the rest of the league should be happy with what we have got but god forbid one of the old firm spends so much money the banks decide it is unwise to let them rack up further debt that they will struggle to pay they pull the plug. Utter deluded fuck nuggets.

I totally agree with you, however, I think his attitude is reflected in some of our very own fans.  Look at how the semi final on Saturday was such a big deal to us all, when these things should be common place.  So many of us talk as though we have no right to challenge for anything. You can take it back to even the 2000 Cup Final, Dons fans doing the conga round Hampden as we're getting pumped 4-0 from our most hated of rivals; it gave off the impression we were happy just to be there when for me personally, it was the second worst day I've ever had supporting Aberdeen but I hadn't realised that overnight we had become the club version of the Tartan Army.

Maybe we wouldn't be seen as, or treated as a tinpot club if we didn't act like one, and that goes all the way through the club now.