Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... any good, is he?  ???

Scored 19 goals in 47 league games for Hearts between 2006 and 2008 but since then has only managed 9 league games 4 goals for Huns and Bristol due to injuries.

If we can keep him fit then I think he is a decent signing however the keeping him fit bit seems to be the problem. 

Surely we'll go 2 up front now?  We've got more strikers than Arthur Scargill had at his peak.

:lolabove: :lolabove:

Genius Kow

Unless the new masterplan is to play 3-4-3

If so mine would be

Clangers

Zander  Ifil    Considine

Pawlett  Zico  Folly    Aluko

Maggenis  Velicka    Bebo

Actually when you look at that i could see a lot of goals getting scored, theres def a balance to that side.  Still 5 defensive minded players if you (as you would assume if this was played) that hartley and folly would sit as holding players and protect the back line so not as fragile as a you would think with three at the back

Thoughts?

89 goals in 166 for Kaunas

19 in 47 for Hearts

6 in 18 for Viking

4 in 8 for the huns

those are appearances as opposed to starts

long time since we've signed someone with that ratio

doesn't matter how many so called forwards we have on the books, how many of them will get near to 10 goals in a season? Good business getting Velicka

and the chat about always being injured - it's just the one bad injury, not a history of them (a bit like the mythical 'Pawlett is really injury prone')

89 goals in 166 for Kaunas

19 in 47 for Hearts

6 in 18 for Viking

4 in 8 for the huns

those are appearances as opposed to starts

long time since we've signed someone with that ratio

doesn't matter how many so called forwards we have on the books, how many of them will get near to 10 goals in a season? Good business getting Velicka

and the chat about always being injured - it's just the one bad injury, not a history of them (a bit like the mythical 'Pawlett is really injury prone')

I'll give you the postive goalscoring record, but there must be something about being injury prone, otherwise how else do you explain that according to those stats, despite being six years older that Foster, he has only played pretty much the same amount of first team games ???

I'll give you the postive goalscoring record, but there must be something about being injury prone, otherwise how else do you explain that according to those stats, despite being six years older that Foster, he has only played pretty much the same amount of first team games ???

was he not simply a 'late starter' before doing anything decent? he signed for them when in his teens but never made the breakthrough to play regularly

he was punted out by FBK twice already before the Hearts loan

Its okay, I'm sure we gave him a very thorough medical.  Oh wait...  :doh:

Dinnae worry Kow, apparently we got faxed a medical.  ::) (Dinnae think tippex would show up?!  :-\ )

If fit, could be great signing. Still baffling though wi regards defence. Foster passed mair balls to opposition than team mate, but having 4 x CH in defence wi nae back up if injured is just crazy!