Author Topic: Films  (Read 101167 times)

Edinburghdon and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Nips_and_Tatties

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 1
Re: Films
« Reply #1140 on: December 24, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »
The last jedi is distinctly fucking average at best and a total mess in places.  To describe this the best star wars film ever is utterly ridiculous.  Seriously, you think this is better than empire? Jesus wept. :hammer:

It was a great movie imo. Chillllll.

My favourites are empire strikes back and return of the jedi as are probably most fans.
But the last jedi was up there I would say.

Each to our own.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 73
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1141 on: December 27, 2017, 05:52:27 AM »
Watched mark felt yesterday. Cracking film about the uncovering of the corruption of the White House during the Nixon era. Sounds familiar doesn’t it? I’m sure it’s a film that’ll have that orange buffoon sweating. The fbi are coming for you.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1142 on: December 27, 2017, 10:07:39 PM »
Watched I, tonya last night. Can’t remember if I remember it at the time or not, but a great film which is all true. Worth a watch, very well shot.

Offline Elgindon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #1143 on: January 03, 2018, 07:46:30 PM »

Watched a couple of films at my brother in laws over Xmas.First one was a film with Lee Evans  :o in it,called the History of Mr Polly.Left us scratching our heads at the end...'Eh?.....ach well'.  Worth watching just for its unusualness    4/10

The other was about Princess' Elizabeth and Margaret having a night out in London without supervision during the VE celebrations."A royal night out" I think?  Not a bad watch at all  7/10

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 191
« Reply #1144 on: January 04, 2018, 11:34:02 AM »
Dunkirk. Holy shit. That was epic.

Watched this over festive period, having meant to watch it since it was released.
Have to disagree with your analysis Manc, I thought it was a massive disappointment as did the missus.
Certainly wasn't the blockbuster that I'd been led to believe it was going to be.
Counting down the days until Darkest Hour. Also looking forward to going to see "All The Money In The World" which is released in a couple of weeks time.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1145 on: January 04, 2018, 07:25:25 PM »
Watched this over festive period, having meant to watch it since it was released.
Have to disagree with your analysis Manc, I thought it was a massive disappointment as did the missus.
Certainly wasn't the blockbuster that I'd been led to believe it was going to be.
Counting down the days until Darkest Hour. Also looking forward to going to see "All The Money In The World" which is released in a couple of weeks time.

Haha it seems to be that way with a few folk. I’d never described it as a blockbuster, was a very British film imo. Didn’t need to show all the blood and guts like the Hollywood ones. Can understand why some will always expect that from a war film

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 121
« Reply #1146 on: January 05, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »
I also found Dunkirk to be a huge let down. It just never got going.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 191
« Reply #1147 on: January 05, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »
Haha it seems to be that way with a few folk. I’d never described it as a blockbuster, was a very British film imo. Didn’t need to show all the blood and guts like the Hollywood ones. Can understand why some will always expect that from a war film

It's not even the blood and guts Manc.
Think Tyrant has summed it up for me in that it never got going in my opinion.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline Nips_and_Tatties

• Star Striker
« Reply #1148 on: January 05, 2018, 08:56:42 PM »
The music was annoying as shit.

More like an epic BBC2 drama or something ha.

Ill get pelters but give me a cheesy yet awesome action packed Pearl Harbour anyday over Dunkirk.

Watched I, Tonya manc.
Not bad at all.

It's amazing how many successful actors are from Neighbours and Home and Away.

And Churchill is still a racist murderer.
 :o

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1149 on: January 05, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »
Haha fair enough guys, it does seem like a marmite film. Still need to give the one that BigAl posted a few months back.

Hebrew, Florida Project any good?  It's come up on my streaming site, seems to have reasonable reviews?

Offline Nips_and_Tatties

• Star Striker
« Reply #1150 on: January 09, 2018, 12:16:49 AM »
That's your LEGAL streaming site of course right?

:thumbsup:

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 121
« Reply #1151 on: January 09, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »
Watched Bloody Sunday (2002) at the weekend. Obviously an event that I know of and have read a little about but it was still shocking to see. I have no doubt that Paras were as bad as (if not worse) than portrayed in the film.

I saw All The Money In The World at the weekend too. Nae a bad film. Worth a watch.

Offline Nips_and_Tatties

• Star Striker
« Reply #1152 on: January 09, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »
Watched Mother! the other night.

Not enjoyable for me at all.

I cant stand these metaphoric over the top 'clever' representational type movies.

Its poorly done imo and needed more impact in a plainer definitive approach.

Its like shakespeare...hes obviously a genius but his audience is limited I think because they dont understand completely his works through use of complicated words used.

Audiences dont relate to it as much as they could and therefor, it's flawed.

Like this film, the director wants impact and shock but it just isnt enjoyable because there's far too much trauma injected and chaos ensues.

I understood what the director was trying to convey, however, it's too simple even if he's trying to be clever.

Just because the actors are great and the story is representitive of something far more than the norm doesnt mean its a great film.

Intelligencia will no doubt love it though.

3/10

Offline hebrew

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 36
« Reply #1153 on: January 10, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
Haha fair enough guys, it does seem like a marmite film. Still need to give the one that BigAl posted a few months back.

Hebrew, Florida Project any good?  It's come up on my streaming site, seems to have reasonable reviews?
Em I dunno if I liked it or not tbh. Bit like a documentary with not much of a story ( which I kind of think was the point) wee girl was excellent and story is actually v sad so I can see why it's been hyped up but maybe not my fav

Molly's Game is excellent  :thumbsup:

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team
  • Rating: 7
« Reply #1154 on: January 18, 2018, 06:41:22 PM »
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

Genuinely a phenomenal movie.

10/10
“It's all about money, not freedom, y'all, okay? Nothing to do with fuckin' freedom. If you think you're free, try going somewhere without fucking money, okay?”

Offline hebrew

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #1155 on: January 19, 2018, 12:21:14 AM »
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

Genuinely a phenomenal movie.

10/10

100% agree  :thumbsup:

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1156 on: Yesterday at 12:29:36 AM »
Watched the Meyerwitz stories last night.  Had no prior knowledge of it but it popped up on Netflix.  Pleasant surprise, good few laugh out loud moments. Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller generally not being their usual typecasts.

Offline hebrew

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #1157 on: Yesterday at 10:33:41 PM »
I saw The Greatest Showman this afternoon- light easy entertainment, quite enjoyed it