Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

shamelessy taken from http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

19 May 2010 12:28:25

Scottish Premier League

* Aberdeen Rumours*

Stewart Milne will leave to anyone who offers to clear the debt and give him first option on pittodrie

Mcghee will stay

Rory McArdle – free

Kevin Kyle – free

Michael Hart – free

Steven Smith is being looked at. If not Bob Harris will be signed

Also Looking at Michael Gardyne and Richard Brittain at Ross County

If a new owner is found Mcghee has a list of who he would like to spend money on they include – David Goodwillie, Andy Webster and a few championship players

2 or 3 premiership loans

if Langfield leaves – Tuffey (Partick) Weaver (Free Agent) and Ankergren (Free Agent) are being considered

:lolabove:

19 May 2010 12:28:25

Scottish Premier League

* Aberdeen Rumours*

Stewart Milne will leave to anyone who offers to clear the debt and give him first option on pittodrie

Mcghee will stay

Rory McArdle – free

Kevin Kyle – free

Michael Hart – free

Steven Smith is being looked at. If not Bob Harris will be signed

Also Looking at Michael Gardyne and Richard Brittain at Ross County

If a new owner is found Mcghee has a list of who he would like to spend money on they include – David Goodwillie, Andy Webster and a few championship players

2 or 3 premiership loans

if Langfield leaves – Tuffey (Partick) Weaver (Free Agent) and Ankergren (Free Agent) are being considered

:lolabove:

Stopped reading after this line, although to be fair i probably should have disregarded the entire post after seeing it was taken from http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

As i understand it it's not as simple as offering Milne the first option on the land, it needs to be open to bids.

There are a couple of players in there that I'd love us to sign though!

If we signed Michael Hart back we'd be twice the team we are. It's never going to happen but him and barry nic are the two I'd have pulled out all the stops to keep.

Hart has had a fairly awful time of it with injuries since he left us, I'd have loved to keep him as i thought he was a very solid right back.  However I'd hazard a guess that since he's barely kicked a ball of late he simply wouldnt be the same player.  Sure there's better, younger players out there for the money.

Hart has had a fairly awful time of it with injuries since he left us, I'd have loved to keep him as i thought he was a very solid right back.  However I'd hazard a guess that since he's barely kicked a ball of late he simply wouldnt be the same player.  Sure there's better, younger players out there for the money.

There must be. Could we get them? Nae chunce. Even one legged and semi retarded Michael Hart would improve our RB position.

Sure there's better, younger players out there for the money.

Finance.

So we can run out and sign Hart but cant afford to sign someone on the same kind of salary?...  ???

Finance.

Central belt bias.

The fact that an up and coming player with any sense (or decent agent) would go anywhere except from the catastrophy that is currently AFC.

Any, or all of those.

We might as well just give up now then shall we?...

Hart's name is in the frame and you mentioned a better prospect. We don't know what the wage would be and I did say we'd never get him (my reasoning being the wage). But if we could get him it'd be because he's somewhat damaged goods. A young prospect isn't and would be more unlikely to look at us as a good career move imo.

As for giving up. It's not like what I said is a revelation. We can't sign quality so instead of giving up we need to take players who aren't of a standard we'd like them to be (Ifil) and hope we can turn them into good enough players for our needs.

The idea we could sign some rising star is completely out of date. A prospect would be better served sitting in the hun/tim reserves on better money until 21 years of age then fucking off to england. That's not a defeatist thing to say. It's how things are just now.

Hart's name is in the frame and you mentioned a better prospect. We don't know what the wage would be and I did say we'd never get him (my reasoning being the wage). But if we could get him it'd be because he's somewhat damaged goods. A young prospect isn't and would be more unlikely to look at us as a good career move imo.

As for giving up. It's not like what I said is a revelation. We can't sign quality so instead of giving up we need to take players who aren't of a standard we'd like them to be (Ifil) and hope we can turn them into good enough players for our needs.

The idea we could sign some rising star is completely out of date. A prospect would be better served sitting in the hun/tim reserves on better money until 21 years of age then fucking off to england. That's not a defeatist thing to say. It's how things are just now.

Agree completely. This season has done a fuck load of harm to the future of this club. The numpties can bang on about transitions and how orange Calderwood was till the moon turns purple and robots take over the earth. The fact is young ambitious players in the SPL want to put themselves in the shop window to get a big paying gig in Englandshire, they were likely to get that in the SPL top 4 and UEFA Cup. They definitely won't get that at a bottom half SPL club and lets face it even when we were in the UEFA spots we weren't getting the best of the rest so we're surely fucked now.

FFS!

they'd be as well with.....

If a crazy billionaire is found McGhee has a list of who he would like to spend money on they include - David Villa, Lionel Messi and a few Premiership players

If a crazy billionaire is found McGhee has a list of who he would like to spend money on they include - David Villa, Lionel Messi and a few Premiership players

Fuck sake McGhee, if we go for a Barca striker we should be going in for Ibrahimovic, he's much more suited for SPL fitbaw.

Hmmmm, don't really think he's actively come out to say "someone please buy this club from me!". He's hinted, yes. But he's not actively come out yet and said "make me an offer". Jim Cummings has made his first AFC-related appearance in the media for about ten years. I wonder if this could be the start of something beautiful!

Dario Zahora (born 21 March 1982 in Vukovar) is a Croatian  football striker, who is currently a free agent. He scored 22 goals in 2007–08 season for NK Domžale and was the top scorer of the Slovenian highest league.

• 4 weeks later...