Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Touzani Signs 2 Year Deal

Guest efan_ekoku

Guest efan_ekoku

Just heard on Northsound that somebody has signed a two year deal having joined the club last summer and is 26. Is this him? It can't be Dempsey cos he's been there since 2 years ago. If he can get fit, then this is a good move

I'm trusting that JC/JN see something in Touzani that most of us haven't yet - perhaps in training. I don't think he has been on the pitch long enough for us to make a complete assessment of his ability as he spends more time injured.

My first impression of him was that he was quite a versatile player who could slot into midfield or defence and could distribute the ball better that many of our players - but it is hard to say if he can do it consistently.

For a 2 year deal I hope he gets back to fitness soon and gets a run out to prove his worth.

Guest Johnny Mac

I'm sure once he gets a good pre-season under his belt he'll be a different player next season.

It's been a bit stop-start from him all season, a bit like Jamie Smith.

Guest swaddon

From what I've heard (mostly on AFC forums), Touzani was shaping up to be a great player with Ajax until he suffered an injury or something and ended up with us. He could end up being a great player if he stays fit, Jimmy must have seen someting about Touzani to convince him that he's worth a new deal, why else would he spend some of his meagre wage bill to keep him?

Guest efan_ekoku

From what I've heard (mostly on AFC forums), Touzani was shaping up to be a great player with Ajax until he suffered an injury or something and ended up with us. He could end up being a great player if he stays fit, Jimmy must have seen someting about Touzani to convince him that he's worth a new deal, why else would he spend some of his meagre wage bill to keep him?

Especially a two year deal too

Pretty pleased by this piece of news tbh, but to be honest I do worry about his apparent lack of fitness at times. The little he has played that i've seen he looks extremely comfortable on the ball and certainly possesses a footballing brain.

Would really like to think that we've yet to see the best of him in a Dons shirt.

It does however start to pose questions as to who is on the way out the door in the summer, particularily with the impending capture of Mair from the Arabs. If someone is going from the back line, hope its Zander rather than Cadger or Hart.

Guest StuSimmy

I am pleased with this news as well but he does seem a bit injury prone. Hopefully he can get a good run of games under his belt next season, hes impressed me in every game he has played so far this season (which isn't much at all), Motherwell at the start if the season and St Mirren away not too long ago come to mind.

Pretty pleased by this piece of news tbh, but to be honest I do worry about his apparent lack of fitness at times. The little he has played that i've seen he looks extremely comfortable on the ball and certainly possesses a footballing brain.

Would really like to think that we've yet to see the best of him in a Dons shirt.

It does however start to pose questions as to who is on the way out the door in the summer, particularily with the impending capture of Mair from the Arabs. If someone is going from the back line, hope its Zander rather than Cadger or Hart.

Could be Foster being pushed into midfield?

Could be Foster being pushed into midfield?

Everyone seems to be forgetting Richie "I'd kick my granny" Byrne. To be fair, that is an understandable attitude.

Something that most peole forget is that pretty much everyone's original starting 11 are somewhat equal to everybody else's.  I will take Touzani and consider him as in behind Severin, Ferguson, and maybe another in the Depth chart.

Should he get healthy, he would be a great #3 guy.