Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Who gotta go ....?

Just back in from the game and I am dumbfounded. Going from the high's of pegging back the 'tic to a 4-4 draw to watching that dross tonight.

I believe that MM will get things right eventually, but half of that fucking team need to be booted out of the club, starting with the following:

Ifil

Kerr

McDonald

I honestly thought that I had got this out my system as I haven't done it for a while, but obviously not ....

TAXI FOR KERR (and I'll pay the fucking fare!)

PS: To all those folk who state they wont go back again, they are the lucky ones who probably don't have season tickets.  :P

Ah, nothing beats a reactionary "bin them aw" thread.

We don't need to be binning players, the playing squad needs INVESTMENT.

This fact has been fucking ignored by many fans willing to berate managers who have been given ride all by a board oh so willing to cough the clubs apparently non existent dough on sacking folk.

Its a shit state of affairs. That said, McGhee has achived the sum total of fuck all to signify any kind of progression to the fantasy next level is likely never mind imminent.

Ah, nothing beats a reactionary "bin them aw" thread.

My comments were not reactionary as i've been hoping that AFC would bin Kerr and McDonald for a long time. Ifil just confirmed how shit he actually is.

SM, WM & Co must wake up and smell the roses and seek avenues of investment into the club.

The wee man has hardly kicked a ba all season between having a hernia operation and being fucked about by Mcghee at the youth world cup.  Gee him a break.  If anything the management should be blamed for not getting much out of a talented player.  JC seemed to manage it ok.......................................................

for a team of so-called professional footballers, thier lack of professionalism is staggering.

They knew the script tonight, yet managed to be out-fought and out-played by a team with more determination, heart and courage.

what the fuck has changed since Saturday?

surely they must have realised the importance of the tie? what with the chance of progressing in the cup, the lucky escape at starks and the media hype they had no excuse for not having the motivation to go out and try. and to show such a lack of spirit and determination is criminal

games against big or rival teams are easy to get motivated for, the true test of professionalism for a player is the ability to get yourself motivated for the games against smaller opposition, to show the same spirit and determination every time you step on the pitch. sadly this is completly lacking from the current team and after the shambles tonight it is evident that things need to change

i personally hope MM stays and is given the chance to change things, unfortunately their is few other from the current squad i'd like to see stay.

for MM to shape the squad how he wants it is going to take time so buckle up!

for a team of so-called professional footballers, thier lack of professionalism is staggering.

They knew the script tonight, yet managed to be out-fought and out-played by a team with more determination, heart and courage.

what the fuck has changed since Saturday?

surely they must have realised the importance of the tie? what with the chance of progressing in the cup, the lucky escape at starks and the media hype they had no excuse for not having the motivation to go out and try. and to show such a lack of spirit and determination is criminal

games against big or rival teams are easy to get motivated for, the true test of professionalism for a player is the ability to get yourself motivated for the games against smaller opposition, to show the same spirit and determination every time you step on the pitch. sadly this is completly lacking from the current team and after the shambles tonight it is evident that things need to change

i personally hope MM stays and is given the chance to change things, unfortunately their is few other from the current squad i'd like to see stay.

for MM to shape the squad how he wants it is going to take time so buckle up!

+1

Majority of the squad are, sadly, what the crowd sang at Starks Park.... not fit to wear the shirt.

I expect any player wearing the Aberdeen shirt to give 100% in ALL games.

Squad from AFC -

1 Jamie Langfield

2 Charlie Mulgrew  

3 Richard Foster  

4 Gary McDonald

5 Zander Diamond  

6 Andrew Considine  

7 Christopher Maguire

(on loan to Killie )

7 James Paterson

(on loan from Plymth )  

8 Mark Kerr  

9 Steven MacLean

(on loan from Plymth )  

10 Darren Mackie  

11 Sone Aluko  

14 Derek Young  

16 Stuart Duff  

18 Davide Grassi  

19 Peter Pawlett  

20 Paul Marshall  

21 Stuart Nelson  

22 Jerel Ifil 

23 Sammy Stewart  

24 Michael Paton  

26 Ryan Jack  

27 Stirling Smith  

30 John Bateman 

31 Mitchel Megginson  

32 Scott Ross  

33 Hallur Hansson  

34 Fraser Fyvie  

35 Nicky Low

37 Joe Shaughnessy 

40 Scott Bain

Excluding the youngsters and assuming Paterson and MacLean leave at the end of the season (although I could see Paterson staying more than MacLean), the only players I would keep in the squad are Langfield, Mulgrew, Diamond, Considine, Maguire, Aluko, Paton, Pawlett and Fyvie. I also wouldn't be against Mackie and Foster staying, however if there is a chance of them moving on with better replacements, then good luck to them.

no's 4,8,10,14,16,18,20,21,22

below that i think its all youngsters.

its our senior players who are letting us down and setting a bad example to our youngsters. they are the ones who should be punted.

realistically though, we're never going to get rid of 8 or 9 players and get replacements in during the transfer window

Squad from AFC -

1 Jamie Langfield

2 Charlie Mulgrew  

3 Richard Foster  

4 Gary McDonald

5 Zander Diamond  

6 Andrew Considine  

7 Christopher Maguire

(on loan to Killie )

7 James Paterson

(on loan from Plymth )  

8 Mark Kerr  

9 Steven MacLean

(on loan from Plymth )  

10 Darren Mackie  

11 Sone Aluko  

14 Derek Young  

16 Stuart Duff  

18 Davide Grassi  

19 Peter Pawlett  

20 Paul Marshall  

21 Stuart Nelson  

22 Jerel Ifil 

23 Sammy Stewart  

24 Michael Paton  

26 Ryan Jack  

27 Stirling Smith  

30 John Bateman 

31 Mitchel Megginson  

32 Scott Ross  

33 Hallur Hansson  

34 Fraser Fyvie  

35 Nicky Low

37 Joe Shaughnessy 

40 Scott Bain

Excluding the youngsters and assuming Paterson and MacLean leave at the end of the season (although I could see Paterson staying more than MacLean), the only players I would keep in the squad are Langfield, Mulgrew, Diamond, Considine, Maguire, Aluko, Paton, Pawlett and Fyvie. I also wouldn't be against Mackie and Foster staying, however if there is a chance of them moving on with better replacements, then good luck to them.

I'd definatly keep Foster, Mackie soso, depends if he can keep up his current form. Also Nelson hasn't conceded a goal yet for us so dont see the need to find a new back up keeper. I hope the likes of Low, Megginson, Jack, Grainger etc get a decent run before the end of the season

Really couldn't give a fuck if any of them left bar the youngsters.  Most of the so called senior players have shown they have previous when it comes to this and as much as it is unlikely in the extreme that we'd ever have literal wholesale changes, I'd love to see it happen because it's what is needed. We have to rid the club of this mindset, and I think that's the only way it'll happen, sadly.

Keep the ones in bold and italics im not too sure and the normal fonts should get punted

1    Jamie Langfield 

2    Charlie Mulgrew   

3    Richard Foster    

4    Gary McDonald 

5    Zander Diamond    

6    Andrew Considine   

7    Christopher Maguire

(on loan to Killie )   

7    James Paterson

(on loan from Plymth )   

8    Mark Kerr (whether he is still captain or no) 

9    Steven MacLean

(on loan from Plymth )   

10  Darren Mackie   

11    Sone Aluko   

14    Derek Young    

16    Stuart Duff   

18    Davide Grassi   

19    Peter Pawlett    

20    Paul Marshall   

21  Stuart Nelson    

22    Jerel Ifil 

23    Sammy Stewart   

24    Michael Paton   

26    Ryan Jack   

27    Stirling Smith   

30    John Bateman

31    Mitchel Megginson   

32    Scott Ross   

33    Hallur Hansson    

34    Fraser Fyvie   

35    Nicky Low   

37    Joe Shaughnessy 

40  Scott Bain

C'mon min, Mackie is without doubt one of the worst 'strikers' i have ever laid eyes on! He's utter shit! Willie Miller had a better goal average than him. Maybe McGhee can get something oot o him but i doubt it. As for Foster his passing has to be seen to be believed, wouldn't lose a wink if he went.

C'mon min, Mackie is without doubt one of the worst 'strikers' i have ever laid eyes on! He's utter shit! Willie Miller had a better goal average than him. Maybe McGhee can get something oot o him but i doubt it. As for Foster his passing has to be seen to be believed, wouldn't lose a wink if he went.

Name the players who have the same workrate as him?