Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

"Johnny Foreigner"

Guest Caroline B

Guest Caroline B

So the dust has settled now after the European draw.

Since the draw has been made, several people from all 4 of the clubs we have drawn have been less than complimentary about Aberdeen Football Club. It would appear that they all fancy their chances against us and the points are already in the bag as far as they are all concerned.

Meanwhile, the stance from officialdom within AFC has been a lot more guarded with no one making outrageous claims.

Do you think that the mindset of "Johnny Foreigner" is a lot different than our Scottish thinking?

Guest Caroline B

.... and that is why to me...... These foreign teams come out looking like a bunch of arrogant wankers. I sincerely hope that we surprise 1 or 2 of them.

Behind closed doors, Jimmy Calderwood will be telling the players that they will beat Copenhagen and Lokomotiv.  That's the most important thing and that's good enough for me.  Professional footballers and managers in Scotland are trained in how to deal with the media and wont take any notice.

Guest Caroline B

we are the equvalent of Clyde or Queen of the South to them. I'd be pissed off if we didn't think we could beat them comfortably

We may be the equivolent of Clyde or Queen of the south to them, but to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be too confident in us beating either of those two at any time

Behind closed doors, Jimmy Calderwood will be telling the players that they will beat Copenhagen and Lokomotiv.  That's the most important thing and that's good enough for me.  Professional footballers and managers in Scotland are trained in how to deal with the media and wont take any notice.

You wouldn't think it to hear the ramblings of JC...  ;)

You're right though, let the papers and opposition talk about how weak we are. We'll carry on quietly (for the most part) going about our business, and we'll see who's able to shout their mouths off in the knock out rounds. At home, i definitely think we can beat Copenhagen. Lokomotiv will be a trickier prospect, but Garry O'Connor's talk in the press last week about how their manager's leaving and they've stopped playing for him etc etc has encouraged me more.

Being written off is good for us. It's a win-win situation for us really. If we lose, at least it ain't to the likes of Skonta Riga or Bohemians. It'll be against proven quality European opposition ... most of whom are no strangers to the Champions League!!!

But if we win, we'll be heralded as the best Dons side since Fergie's days.

Being written off is good for us. It's a win-win situation for us really. If we lose, at least it ain't to the likes of Skonta Riga or Bohemians. It'll be against proven quality European opposition ... most of whom are no strangers to the Champions League!!!

But if we win, we'll be heralded as the best Dons side since Fergie's days.

Spot on Reekie!

:clap: :clap: :clap: