Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Clearout Required

This inconsistency (standard of football and results achieved by AFC) can no longer be tolerated. I would suggest that MM and Co clear out all the dead wood and get some passion burning before they loose the faith of the Dons faithfull.

My suggestions to go asap are:

Grassi

Young

Duff

Ifil

Wright

Mackie

Maguire

..... Stand Free!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This inconsistency (standard of football and results achieved by AFC) can no longer be tolerated. I would suggest that MM and Co clear out all the dead wood and get some passion burning before they loose the faith of the Dons faithfull.

Grassi

Young

Duff

Ifil

Wright

Mackie

Maguire

..... Stand Free!

Playing fast and lose with the knee-jerk reactions their. ;)

Playing fast and lose with the knee-jerk reactions their. ;)

.... just getting a bit sick of the shite that is delivered week in and week out. AFC have more up's and downs than a pair of Whore's knickers, and every season that goes by makes it more and more difficult to swallow.

I don't think it's knee jerk as it's been brewing for quite some time now at Todders. Replacing "Blunderwood" only alleviated the pressure .....

STAND FREE!!

Grassi

Young

Duff

Ifil

Wright

Mackie

Maguire

..... Stand Free!

I think a lot of folk would have said that a fair few of those you listed should be punted whether tonight happened or not. Wasn't at the game so I can't add anything new to the "Wright's a big lump and we should get rid of him" thoughts.  Piss result tonight, but I'd hate to think a player's future would be decided on one game.

I think a lot of folk would have said that a fair few of those you listed should be punted whether tonight happened or not. Wasn't at the game so I can't add anything new to the "Wright's a big lump and we should get rid of him" thoughts.  Piss result tonight, but I'd hate to think a player's future would be decided on one game.

good answer and i agree, but we really need to get shot of the shite!

Looking at the league table there, certainly seems possible we could slip to 9th on Saturday. It's not that the players are not good enough, there are just far too many who aren't consistent enough. With the exception of Tommy Wright, all those players have done well on occasion for the dons.

I don't blame managers past or present for our inconsistent squad. Consistently good players cost money, which we don't have.

We're crying out for a goal scorer though, hopefully that will be addressed shortly.

Grassi - Mince, looks like a panic buy to fill a gap....which he was.

Young - Has done ok when given chance this season.  I don't particularly rate him but he is on pennies and probably a decent squad player to have as he can play anywhere bar in goals.

Duff - Suspect he will be moving on fairly soon or in the summer given MM has hardly used him.

Ifil - Not long signed him. Only fit centre back.  Obviously a lump o'wood but if he remembers his limitations can do a job for us.  Hell he'll have too given our squad size.

Wright - Totally useless.  However if we can con someone into buying John Stewart maybe somebody will pay up for him.

Mackie - We all know his limitations and if we need better.

Maguire - Will get slated for this but still hope that he can develop into a player for us.  Maybe needs farmed out to division one to get some games through the middle under his belt.

Clearout ain't the answer. We need more players not less.  To be more precise we need a striker.  If we can convert all this possession and good midfield work into goals we have the nucleus of a reasonable side.  We just need someone to stick the ball in the net.

Clearout ain't the answer. We need more players not less.  To be more precise we need a striker.  If we can convert all this possession and good midfield work into goals we have the nucleus of a reasonable side.  We just need someone to stick the ball in the net.

Nail firmly on head

Guest rocket debris

I don't blame managers past or present for our inconsistent squad. Consistently good players cost money, which we don't have.

We're crying out for a goal scorer though, hopefully that will be addressed shortly.

This is the nail on head. Quality costs. Our board does not see investment in "the football side of the business" as a priority.

The call for a striker is understandable given our goals for column and the proven lack of goals from Miller and Mackie despite seemingly extremes of work rate between them but as Chris Chrighton said in the P & J today, you can't blame strikers for failing to put away chances that don't come their way.

Where AFC are now is a culmination of over a decade of mismanagement of the club. In my opinion, McGhee is the first competent man-manager that we've had the whole time that Milne has been in control as he saw fit to select Alec Miller, Ebbe, Calderwood and Pele previously, none of whom went on to manage a bigger club after exiting Aberdeen.

But it doesn't really matter who you put in charge of "football affairs" or who you stick up front on the pitch if the culture of the club and the proper focus and investment isn't there. Until Milne understands that the £20k fee for the player that we could have got from Motherwell can be recouped by an extra 250 paying punters for 4 home games, then we're pissing in the wind. With the money the club should be saving by reviewing the need for its massive number of non-productive staff and the excessive wage of its Director of Football, there is no chance of diverting the investment into the player squad. AFC have been burning money in the wrong places for years. The £10m debt guarantees Milne's consolidation in his position and acts to make AFC plc an unattractive business proposition for others but the business itself has not being managed with anything like the same agenda and priorites than anyone with an interest to see Aberdeen be the best they can be on the pitch.

Our squad is shite. It's no surprise given that "football affairs" has never been the principal priority of the man who runs the club.

Where AFC are now is a culmination of over a decade of mismanagement of the club. In my opinion, McGhee is the first competent man-manager that we've had the whole time that Milne has been in control as he saw fit to select Alec Miller, Ebbe, Calderwood and Pele previously, none of whom went on to manage a bigger club after exiting Aberdeen.

Your opinion, fair enough. however, I'd need to ask how you came to this opinion, what evidence do you have that McGhee is a better man-manager than Calderwood or Ebbe, for example?

Where is the evidence that he is a competent man manager?

As I just said in the St Mirren thread, there is absolutely no evidence of this on show whatsoever so far.

He seems to speak just as much shite as any other manager and is just as prone to getting the 'tombola' out...

I have it from a 'friend of a wife of one of the first team squad' that he is not particlularly well-liked or respected by anyone in that squad... not that I care much for their  opinions... useless shower...  ;)

In my opinion, McGhee is the first competent man-manager that we've had the whole time that Milne has been in control as he saw fit to select Alec Miller, Ebbe, Calderwood and Pele previously, none of whom went on to manage a bigger club after exiting Aberdeen.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but what are you basing the above on?  He's struggling to prove he's a more competent man-manager than Miller or Pele at the moment, let alone Ebbe or Calderwood - in my opinion!

Guest rocket debris

Over 3 hours of non response, then one post about an incidental comment preceded by "In my opinion..." and then further posts in quick succession on exactly this one opinion, with not one sentence about the actual point being made?

Are you lot sure that you're not manager-obsessed?

EDIT: I'll come back in another 4 hours to gather your various or collective responses.

Over 2 hours of non response, then one post about an incidental comment preceded by "In my opinion..." and then further posts in quick succession on exactly this one opinion, with not one sentence about the actual point being made?

EDIT: I'll come back in another 4 hours to gather your various or collective responses.

My post in particular was about your use of the term "man-manager".  I'm not sure how you know this unless you are privy to team meetings, private conversations between MM and his players and had been privy to the same things when JC was manager.

Kind of like how you don't actually know what Willie Miller does but you still want him sacked anyway...

Over 3 hours of non response, then one post about an incidental comment preceded by "In my opinion..." and then further posts in quick succession on exactly this one opinion, with not one sentence about the actual point being made?

Some of us have a job!  :thumbsup:

But if I'd known you were just going to duck out of the question, I wouldn't have bothered asking it.

To be fair to Columbia's toilet bowl, he was banned from here when a large proportion of us were posting that we felt that getting rid of CalderbafonclounwoodTM was folly at a time when it was going to cost us a large amount of compensation. Not to mention the further folly in replacing him with someone of similar provenabilities for a further large sum of money.

He is right about Milne though.

To be honest (* puts tin hat on *) some of the debate is most interesting over there.  There's a mixture of blind panic, blind faith, and some more reasoned postings (and I am genuinely surprised by who some of them are from).  Any criticism of McGhee seems to be hit with a volley of pish from the MIG brigade (e.g. "what does it matter what happens this season" is one of the latest shift in goalposts!) but clearly there are some going overboard with their doom and gloom.

To be honest (* puts tin hat on *) some of the debate is most interesting over there.  There's a mixture of blind panic, blind faith, and some more reasoned postings (and I am genuinely surprised by who some of them are from).  Any criticism of McGhee seems to be hit with a volley of pish from the MIG brigade (e.g. "what does it matter what happens this season" is one of the latest shift in goalposts!) but clearly there are some going overboard with their doom and gloom.

Some of it has taken the term "Blind faith" to unheard of levels...

Blind faith? or giving the guy a fair chance?

I Dont like him, didnt want him but thus far he has received next to know backing and in my opinion we have a better team than we did last season.

I think we have made progress under Mcghee in my opinion it was a season too late and his task is much bigger than what it was when most of us first feared there was a problem.

Blind faith? or giving the guy a fair chance?

I Dont like him, didnt want him but thus far he has received next to know backing and in my opinion we have a better team than we did last season.

I think we have made progress under Mcghee in my opinion it was a season too late and his task is much bigger than what it was when most of us first feared there was a problem.

I was actually talking about the posts made by your leader, not yours stoney.  Read LS's posts and tell me that's not blind faith.