Author Topic: Holy Mother of Jesus: AWPR Approved  (Read 29312 times)

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 15
Re: Holy Mother of Jesus: AWPR Approved
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2018, 09:58:54 AM »

What's interesting about the Guardian story, is that it doesn't say who's liable for the cost. It looks like it's just the company informing their shareholders rather than an increased debt of the Scottish government. In which case, excellent contracting, for once.
For twice, ScotGov did the same for the Queensferry crossing. Any excess hits shareholders not taxpayers.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2018, 06:49:35 AM »
I live in the centre of town

I know it’s colder in the country but I remember scraping ice off my car windscreen once this winter.

Let’s double it and say twice.

Damp grey miserable we can all agree with but it hasn’t been cold.

It’s a lie

DD it was cold during the winter, I stay to the North of the City and days could have snow outside, but go into centre and nothing. Even when it snows, it usually hangs about longer out in the shire than it does in the City.

Once we move to our shiny new stadium, you'll appreciate how colder it gets the further out of the city you go.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -61
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2018, 04:18:21 AM »
It wasn't cold during the winter.

Believe me, I know all about driving in snow and ice.

It's all a joke you know, they wouldn't really move away from Pittodrie.

They'd have to be off their heads to do that.

Offline Stewart

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2018, 10:42:34 AM »
Original 106 FM
?
Verified account

@originalfm
Following Following @originalfm
More
The new dual carriageway on the A90 between Balmedie and Tipperty is to fully open ahead of Wednesday's rush hour.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2018, 12:56:21 PM »
DD it was cold during the winter, I stay to the North of the City and days could have snow outside, but go into centre and nothing. Even when it snows, it usually hangs about longer out in the shire than it does in the City.

Once we move to our shiny new stadium, you'll appreciate how colder it gets the further out of the city you go.
Funnily enough, I live out in Garlogie, we had two days of snow this winter.

And yes temps do drop a degree or too further out you go, and vice versa in warmer weather, but you're forgetting to factor in the windchill factor at ice-station Pittodrie

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -3
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2018, 04:42:28 PM »
What a cluster fuck.
The bridge at Dyce holding up the opening and there’s now no opening date for the foreseeable.

It’s not clear why they won’t open the Stonehaven to Craibstone section, it’s been finished for ages.

Offline Slim

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -985
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2018, 07:08:37 PM »
It'll be something to do with the contract along the lines of not being able to open the road until they give the contractor the taking over certificate which will start the defect liability period, which they won't want to do while the contractor is still working. There will be payment milestones connected to most likely. The MSP chap said something about them being able to open the completed stretch once the contractor agrees to the proposed variation order, that sounds about right. I imagine the VO will be incredibly unfavourable towards the contractor.

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2018, 12:57:54 PM »
What I am wholly and utterly sick of is the local politicians slagging this off at every turn. It's been built, it's nearly open, but to hear the daily pish in the P&J and EE from Lewis McDonald, Mike Belly Rumbles, and Andrew fuckign Bowie, you'd think their party's had all been intent on building this, and if it wasn't for the nasty SNP it would have been done long ago.

I will say Lewis did say last weekend that the contractors had a lot of questions to answer, so finally a smidgen of sense, but the other two, they can go and take a lang walk into a midden, the stinking shites that they are.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -3
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2018, 08:14:42 PM »
It'll be something to do with the contract along the lines of not being able to open the road until they give the contractor the taking over certificate which will start the defect liability period, which they won't want to do while the contractor is still working. There will be payment milestones connected to most likely. The MSP chap said something about them being able to open the completed stretch once the contractor agrees to the proposed variation order, that sounds about right. I imagine the VO will be incredibly unfavourable towards the contractor.

You were spot on  :thumbsup:
Looks like some positive moves are taking place to get the southern section open.
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/fresh-talks-to-open-completed-stretch-of-aberdeen-bypass-positive-says-transport-secretary/

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »
You were spot on  :thumbsup:
Looks like some positive moves are taking place to get the southern section open.
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/fresh-talks-to-open-completed-stretch-of-aberdeen-bypass-positive-says-transport-secretary/
Strange, you'd have thought rent-a-quote Belly Rumbles, or Bowie would be all over that, but nah, can't find the negative angle.