Author Topic: Holy Mother of Jesus: AWPR Approved  (Read 33748 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -162
Re: Holy Mother of Jesus: AWPR Approved
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2019, 07:42:33 AM »
The reduction in traffic at the Brig o Dee at peak times is significant.

The AWPR is a wonderful thing.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 14
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2019, 12:56:07 PM »
Have any Aberdeen residents noted a reduction in the rushhour gridlock on great southern road during the week or is it still best to avoid it between 430 & 7pm on weekdays?
literally everywhere has seen a staggering reduction in travel times, with one exception - the on/off roundabout for Westhill/Kingswells at the 5 Mile has seen much longer queues on that stretch of road. Oh how I'm laughing at the W.A.N.K.S  :rofl:

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
Still trying to work out what or where Cleanhill was pre Bypass   ???
It's basically the top end of Ffortesque-Smyth's estate eh? The toff who was so against the AWPR he got the first route blocked, which wasn't going through his land, only for the amended route to go right past his stately home and through his land  :thumbsup: :rofl:  and where some back roads around Maryculter went. If you weren't local you'd unlikely to have ever been there.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 22
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2019, 05:34:00 PM »
It's basically the top end of Ffortesque-Smyth's estate eh? The toff who was so against the AWPR he got the first route blocked, which wasn't going through his land, only for the amended route to go right past his stately home and through his land  :thumbsup: :rofl:  and where some back roads around Maryculter went. If you weren't local you'd unlikely to have ever been there.

Is that the big miserable looking granite building up the hill.Driven round most of those roads but never knew that place was there. Lol at the re route looking into his living room  :laughing:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:17:00 PM by Elgindon »

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2019, 10:19:07 AM »
Is that the big miserable looking granite building up the hill.Driven round most of those roads but never knew that place was there. Lol at the re route looking into his living room  :laughing:
Aye that's it. Munster Manor  :D 

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
  • Rating: -4
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2019, 11:04:31 PM »

Just shows how opinions can vary.

Like most people I'd never seen that stately pile before. I think it's a beautiful imposing house which could easily be re-invented as an Ardoe House (ish) type hotel.

Feel sorry for the owners now being exposed to passing motorists. Just as I have sympathy for owners of the beautiful house on the right hand side (heading towards Culter from Abdn) where the by-pass literally comes right up to their garden wall.

I have no jealousy of people with proper money.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -162
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2019, 11:32:27 AM »
I have no jealousy of people with proper money.

I think I agree with you but I'm intrigued and/or puzzled by your use of "proper" money? I don't know if this is terminological carelessness but I suspect you are making an actual distinction. What is improper money for example?

Edit: Ignore me. You probably meant "serious" money as in seriously wealthy. My bad.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:30:53 PM by rocket_scientist »
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
  • Rating: -4
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2019, 06:17:40 PM »
^ My post wasn't written in the hope of meeting your approval.

If I'd meant 'serious money' I'd have written as such. I've never encountered a serious £5 note, or even a jovial tenner.

Please stop and think prior to posting. Thanks