Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

"Number eight is..."

There must be a few names from our past who you just hated hearing they were in the side...again. I'm not talking about  players who made fleeting visits like Haruldur Ingolfsson and Lubomir Blaha, but guys who for some reason were picked most weeks.

I'll probably have more later, but the one I really, really hated having in the side was....

Paul Kane.

He was fucking ding.  Sticking rusty spikes in my eyes was more attractive than watching him mince around our midfield. To think he was often the replacement for guys like Bett, Grant, Mason and Richardson. Sublime to the ridiculous.  The guy couldn't do just about anything, anyone who thinks football is the beautiful game should spend 5 minutes watching that clown and they'll realise there's a lot of ugliness under the skin.

Glad I got that off my chest... so, who are yours?

No, not at all, that was just an example.

And Dodds was another I was going to mention. If he scored 30% of the goals he should have scored he'd have won the Golden Boot every year.  Couldn't run, never hit the ball cleanly - even at penalties - and averaged less than one goal a month from open play.  Added to the fact he had the touch of a brick wall, we paid a fair wedge for him and for some strange reason would keep either Shearer or Booth out the team.

Another reason (non-footballing, however) for hating him... a mate of mine bumped into him in a Glasgow pub when Dodds was with us. We had a game in the Scottish cup that day in the Glasgow area, my mate said to him "How did your lot get on today?"  He said "Won 9-0". That day the huns beat Peterhead (?) 9-0 at Pittodrie. Cunt.

And Dodds was another I was going to mention. If he scored 30% of the goals he should have scored he'd have won the Golden Boot every year.  Couldn't run, never hit the ball cleanly - even at penalties - and averaged less than one goal a month from open play.  Added to the fact he had the touch of a brick wall, we paid a fair wedge for him and for some strange reason would keep either Shearer or Booth out the team.

Another reason (non-footballing, however) for hating him... a mate of mine bumped into him in a Glasgow pub when Dodds was with us. We had a game in the Scottish cup that day in the Glasgow area, my mate said to him "How did your lot get on today?"  He said "Won 9-0". That day the huns beat Peterhead (?) 9-0 at Pittodrie. Cunt.

Without going into details I was unfortunate enough to spend a stag weekend in his company. He's an absolute belter.

Mark Perry.  Words can't describe how fuckin abysmal this boy was in defence, I genuinely believe I could have done a better job in defence for Aberdeen than Perry.

Michael Watt. Total fucking bombscare of a keeper, he performed many howlers during his AFC career but the one that sticks out the most in my mind is from a game at Tynecastle. He miskicked a back pass which hit his own post leaving Stevie Frail to poke the ball into an empty net.

Brian Irvine - Won't be a popular choice I know, but I cringed every time his name was read out prefixed by the words "Number six".  To be fair to him, taking the shirt vacated by Willie Miller was never going to be easy.  And he scored some fantastic goals for us for which I will be forever grateful, none moreso than his penalty in 1990, but he was a disaster waiting to happen in every match.

Ask him to clear the ball out the park with his head or foot and it was fine but the number of goals we lost through him getting turned because he was too tight to his man was ridiculous. Things got progressively worse with him when McLeish wasn't there to hold his hand.

Seems a nice bloke, loves the Dons, but he had all the poise of a drunk on roller skates.

Michael Watt. Total fucking bombscare of a keeper, he performed many howlers during his AFC career but the one that sticks out the most in my mind is from a game at Tynecastle. He miskicked a back pass which hit his own post leaving Stevie Frail to poke the ball into an empty net.

The same Michael Watt that shit himself at Ibrox when Mark "Hun" Hately knocked him over?

STAND FREE!! 

Nae Keith 10-0?  ???  Or was that another season?

;D

well, if you're not choosy about who you talk to...

;)

:thumbsup:

You know you're fighting a losing battle for debate when one of the admin decides calling you gay is entertaining.

EDIT: Forgot to add i'm apparently probably a weegie and scum because i'd accept a free kick or penalty in a game of football even though I knew it had been a fair tackle.

So hello my collonial brother.